Need Invitation Making Advice

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jmeath Posts: 5740
Where to start.....ok here goes! We got invites that you just write all the info on. But i think we will be writing forever if we go with this so im thinking of getting lilac paper/card and typing all info on so we only have to write names on each invitation. Anyone any idea of what kind of paper/card i can buy, i dont want it too thick because then the printer will have difficulty printing on it and it cant be too light or it will be see through and people will see the writing underneath when we stick it down Our invites are white with two 3D lilac hearts on the front and a little silver thread with "wedding invitation" stuck to it
MRS.C2B Posts: 408
What about the card with the paper mounted on it so the card covers what was orginaly there you can print on the paper and centre it on the card
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
I actually think you will have to continue hand writing them, sorry. I made my own invites with card and then the paper inserts printed on top and I secured the paper to card with one piece of double-sided tape but you would need a lot of this to make sure it stays on as it wouldn't look the best if the paper came away from the card, revealing the writing underneath. Also some of them were a little puckered and it wasn't the best finish, this might happen with glue and card as well?