need some advice please???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsExcited2010 Posts: 210
Hi Wollies, As most of you have been there- I have a question. We have been not so careful recently and not that we were trying but we weren't not trying iykwim. Anyway, I had a very short bleed, like barely lasted an hour and was incredibly light and my urine has changed like a highlighter yellow and I am drinking plenty of water. I took a test yesterday and it was negative, do you think this is any way the test could have been wrong? I am back on the pill now just since Sunday (day of the weird bleeding, I thought it was my period but has since disappeared) so not sure what to do! we were going to out off ttc for another few months due to a change in our circumstances. any advice? Thanks
dea aveta Posts: 254
Were you on or off the pill at the time? My first period after i Stopped the pill was very short and light. Would be no harm to test again in a few days. No point in going to doc as their hpt's are not as sensitive as the clear blues or first response. Hope you get the result you want X
TurtleBaby1 Posts: 693
If you think you are pregnant you should stop taking the pill. Give it a couple of days and test again.
candypants Posts: 8575
It sounds like an implantation bleed, which could may well mean you are pg. Dont take your pill again until either your periods have returned, if they do :wv When are they due?
wwwife Posts: 948
[quote="TurtleBaby1":19g4wqr4]If you think you are pregnant you should stop taking the pill. Give it a couple of days and test again.[/quote:19g4wqr4] +1 That happened me I tested to early I think I did a test a week later and I was
marriedLife Posts: 1881
[quote="MrsExcited2010":1n6qjbus]Hi Wollies, I am back on the pill now just since Sunday (day of the weird bleeding, I thought it was my period but has since disappeared) so not sure what to do! [/quote:1n6qjbus] Could it be that you were starting your period but then by taking the pill it went into your system and stopped your period?? Either way if I was unsure I think I would stop the pill for a few days just incase.
hey wollies Thanks for the replies, just to answer some of the questions, I was off the pill for a few months, we were thinking of trying and also seeing how everything was after being on pill for so long. I was having a normal 28 day cycle for those few months, seemed to just kick right in to be honest and then all of this happened. I had started taking the pill before I realised the bleed had stopped again and have been taking it since, I will stop though just in case, although I do know it doesn't do any harm in these early stages. I think I may have been a tad early, as the other poster said, she tested too early and then was positive so I will need to test again at the weekend. I am just a little confused considering we were putting things on hold for a little while.... if I am I just hope everything will be ok
Luka Posts: 1904
ooh...... I had a one hour bleed at 5 weeks pregnant with DS. & not joking my wee was NEON! Positvely flourescent :eek When my acupuncturist asked about it & I told him it was practically glowing, he was laughing at my description. Thats pregnancy for you!
Hi wollies I took another test last night and it is still negative however today I am feeling so nauseous, could it still be too early? I have no idea on the Dpo stuff so have no clue.... generally speaking how long does a test take to show? Thanks
Luka Posts: 1904
hi again, When was the first day of your last period? For example, when I was pregnant with baby Sean, my LMP was Aug 3rd, 2010. (ov'd about aug 17th) GOt a very faint BFP on Aug 26th. So about day 24 of my cycle, 24 days after the first day of my last period I got a faint positive, with First Response (I think they are the best test). Hope this helps!