Need some advice please?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ozzy08 Posts: 272
Hi need some advice. I had a mc in march and was using opks straight after mc and got a faint positive on cd14, we dtd twice on cd16 and that was it. I started getting brown discharge for last few days and had a load of cheap pregnancy tests and took a test day before yesterday 9dpo and this morning 11 dpo and they were both negative. I had bought two first response early tests and used one of them yest and it was negative. I am 11 dpo today and for some reason had one cheapie test left and did it there now and jumped into the shower and when I got out there was a second line on it. Not due my af til Thursday.I feel like I can’t believe it. I suffer with low progesterone and I mc on my first and got pregnant straight away the next cycle and was put on progesterone and have a 16 month old boy. When I mc last month the doc told me to come to her when i got pregnant again and she would put me on progesterone straight away. I have one first response left, should I wait until the morning to do it when ill be 12dpo ? Also I found a few progesterone suppositories that I had from before but there expiry date is jan 2013. Should I take them until I book in to see doc. That is if I even get to thurs as im so afraid i will mc again. Sorry for long rant any advice? Thanks for reading, feel I cant ask anyone.
Flapjack Posts: 308
If I were you, I'd hold off on doing the First Response until tomorrow morning. You already have a positive from this evening, so save it, and hopefully you'll get a stronger line. I wouldn't take the progesterone - could you not call the doctor tomorrow morning (assuming the test is positive), and get her to give you a new prescription?
ttc2012 Posts: 661
Wait until the morning. Thats how i got BFP, i did cheapie and threw it in the bin that night i was putting something in the bin and the test fell out and i saw faint 2nd line! Next day did FR at lunchtime and had 2nd line. Best of luck x
Thanks for the advice of course I should have taken it, but did the first response and negative. Is it possible to get a bfn this morning and then a positive with the cheap tests and then a negative with first response.
wowza Posts: 556
Anything is possible. Seeing as you aren't due AF until Thursday the best thing you can do it wait until then, or at least Wednesday to test, because otherwise you will drive yourself mad! I got a BFN on cheap test two days before AF was due, and BFP on FR the day before. (I don't exactly practice what I preach do I??). But so many people I asked at the time said they got positives on cheap tests before any other. Any positive test is a very good sign! :babydust: :babydust:
CocoBeans Posts: 841
I got positives on clear blue before it showed on FR. Use your first morning urine to test, and ring the doctor regarding advice on the meds. Wishing you the best of luck and I hope you get some sleep!!!!!
MrsAmy Posts: 983
I found clear blue more accurate than fr... so hold off till tmo morn and do second one... best of luck!
ttc2012 Posts: 661
Did u test this morning? Best of luck x
Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
[b:269z4b2n]ozzy08[/b:269z4b2n], how did you get on this morning?
Girls still havent tested. I ran out of tests and then left my handbag in work yest so had no money to buy a test. (Think it was a sign to stop me obsessing)Im 13dpo today and have my fmu in a container in the car and am going to get a test after work. Would it still be ok to use urine from this morning? Also think ill get a clear blue digital. Af due thurs so would it be accurate.