Need some positive stories!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

feelsobad Posts: 693
Hi I came off the pill 4 months ago - had two periods and then they stopped. Missed 3 now. Went and got blood tests which indicated v high level of the LH hormone which can indicate PCOS. I have a scan on Monday - I have never had any problems with my period so bit surprised. Feeling low today as I really really want a baby Anyone got any good stories of people who got pregnant with PCOS - Doc says it is not a problem there are loads of treatments and she reckons there are people walking around with babies who dont realise they had it Any positivity to send in my direction?!!!
fancypants Posts: 453
Hi Chloe - I don't have PCOS (or maybe I do going by what your GP said!) but I couldn't not reply to your post as I understand how frustrating it can be when all you want is to get pregnant and you feel very out of control about the whole thing - which I think is the most annoyoing thing - its your body, your system etc and you have no idea really of what is going on. I too had missing periods after coming off the pill and remember being so p1ssed off with the whole waiting thing - kept getting negetive tests but had no period so couldn't even work out my cycle to plan for the next month - Anyway something must have happened because in the middle of it all I got a postive test without ever getting my periods back! Anwyay look just try to relax, take comfort from what your GP said and remember couples overcome huge fertility problems to go on an have babies. In the meantime keep giving it a lash! - you never know, nature is amazing. Take care x
Elliecat Posts: 2725
Hi Chloe, not a personal experience, but my sister had severe PCOS and is now pregnant with third baby!!
feelsobad Posts: 693
thanks girls - wont know for definite for a couple of weeks just wish I had the results and could get on with getting my period back - feels like I am not working properly