need suggestions!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

roxylou Posts: 173
H2b and I have a beautiful Cavalier King Charles dog, and she's 15 months old. Our neighbour had one too for the last year and the two were best friends. They played together everyday! :xox My neighbour gave her dog away last week for personal reasons. Now my baby is pining for her little friend! :o( I really want another puppy (always did) and H2b wants one too but he is only seeing the cons, needs a little more convincing! He said he needs to see that the pros outweigh the cons, in black and white! So what I'm asking for is if anyone can provide any more pros to having a) two dogs, and b) a new puppy Want to help him make up his mind this evening!!!! Any advice welcome, and all suggestions will go on the list! :thnk
Dcd Posts: 1471
€350 a pop for puppies if you get a second one of the opposite sex! :o)ll
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
My h2b wanted to get a dog and I said that we could only get one on the condition that we get two. If you have to care for one dog it is not much harder to care for two, and since we both work during the day I reckoned that they would be company for each other as I didn't want one to be lonely. If you have one dog already explain that it is not that much different to care for two since you have already made the commitment and that they will keep each other company during the day. Good Luck and let us know how you get on. :wv
Thanks girls, beating him down slowly, he knows its the right thing but................. I have to be practical too, with wedding costs its another few hundred euro that could hire the mens suits, or buy the stationery. But my little gem needs company!!!!! I'll keep ye posted!
We're getting a new puppy!!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Going to get a black and tan one, another girl of course, then it'll be 4 of us girls to one H2b (we have a female cat too)!!!! Search is now on!!!!!!! I keep thinking that as committing as it is to look after animals, it is only a small taster of when real babies arrive!
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
:o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Just reading your post now...congratulations! We're getting another little one the minute we move out of where we're living at the moment (it's not big enough for two of them and wouldn't be fair...) My mum's looking after my pooch this evening cos we have to go away for a few days and I miss her already!!!
sinion Posts: 6050
I have a king charles too, my baby, and we adopted another dog last year. When Poppy came along Pebble was a terrified little dog, the most loveable little thing but scared of her own shadow. If she saw another dog on the street she'd go mad with fear and wrap herself around my feet to try and hide. It took months to eventually get her used to Poppy but now they are best friends :lvs I couldn't be without them, they are my babies and I love them so much, and I'm so glad I have them both as they are constant company for eachother ( Pebble used to scratch the bedroom door all night before Poppy came along) I would definitely get another dog for company for your baby, they really do need it and they are pack animals, it may take a little while to get them used to eachother, your baby might be a little miffed that she's not getting all your attention but just fuss her lots and she'll be fine :xxx [img:2t9ztalr]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/inionbui/pebandpop1.jpg[/img:2t9ztalr]
ohsohappybride Posts: 3476
Such a cute photo Sinion!
sinion Posts: 6050
had to hold some food in the air :o0
Peaseblossom Posts: 6642
second one provides great company for first when you go out to work or for the night