Need to Buy a BBQ

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LastRolo Posts: 6892
Hey Girls, As the title suggests - I need to buy a BBQ. Now, I don't know if I want Charcoal or Gas. I want something that will taste nice - the real BBQ taste IYKWIM, hence why I would be swaying more to the charcoal BBQ. Anyone see any good BBQ's around going cheap?? Ye girls that know your stuff: What do you look out for when buying a BBQ? My parents bought a cheap one last year but it was so small that they had to sit on a small stool to turn the stuff - it was right at the dogs level!
streaks Posts: 3592
When we bought ours we bought a gas one, the main reason for this is because you can regulate the temoeratue and therefore it makes it easier to cook with.mi know there are some varieties out there that are a mix if gas and coals but they are quite expensive. We bought ours in b&q they have a good range (or they used to anyway!)
Positive2012 Posts: 481
They are selling in Aldi this week I think. They are selling for around 79 euros. You should have a look on the Aldi Website.
paperclips Posts: 3146
[quote="verynbprincess":330qb5wb]They are selling in Aldi this week I think. They are selling for around 79 euros. You should have a look on the Aldi Website.[/quote:330qb5wb] Thats brilliant value.
Thanks! I know that gas is handier to cook on but do you have that same lovely BBQ taste??
Dollydel Posts: 1726
I need to buy one aswell. Seen a charcoal one in Atlantic Homecare for €44. I think thats the one we are going to get. I'll see can I find it online. OH won't buy a gas one. He says its a cooker outside, I tried to explain to him that you can still use charcoal but he won't listen.
This is it. http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/produc ... id=100.2.1
Diamondz Posts: 2208
[quote="LastRolo":ipp1e9nf]Thanks! I know that gas is handier to cook on but do you have that same lovely BBQ taste??[/quote:ipp1e9nf] You still get the charcoal taste - our gas BBQ has charcoals in the bottom, so think that is how you still get that lovely flavour.... we have an outback one but it was quite expensive. Gas means you can also regulate the temp so that everything isn't cremated!! We have loads of BBQ's every year.
[quote="dollydoo":3aii4w3w]This is it. http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/produc ... id=100.2.1[/quote:3aii4w3w] Thats something like the ones my parents got last year - although they paid €20 not €45! Its also very small and you've to stoop down to it. I'd love one that you could stand at and cook. Can you put charcoal in all the gas ones??
No I think only certain ones and they are more expensive.