need to find nice maternity dress asap

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

babybuttons Posts: 886
looking for a nice maternity dress needs to be dressy. have tried asos etc but they are very short. anyone have any ideas.
steen Posts: 1335
http://www.isabellaoliver.com/maternity-clothes/ A little pricey but I bought a couple of wrap dresses there and they have gotten me through dress up or dress down. Delivery is next day! Execellent service
Mrs Sparklin Posts: 85
I dont know if you are close to the border, but found out today there is a shop in enniskillen doing maternity dress hire for between £35 and £45. I am thrilled because I have a wedding in three weeks time and now hate the dress I have for it. Their website is www.bumpthematernitystore.co.uk. The lady is from Dublin married and living in Enniskillen. She has posted me things before and is extremely helpful. I rang today to see if she had many dresses before I went down and she said she had lots of new ones in stock from sizes 8-22 for sale and hire. I know I sound like an ad but am just so thrilled at the prospect of hiring a dress instead of having to pay hundreds for a dress I will only wear once. Good luck! By the way the shop is called bump.
sunsparks Posts: 2196
Why not try a size up in a shop like Monsoon? I got a dress a size bigger than normal there for a wedding when I was 16/17 wks and it looked perfect. They have some really nice empire line cut dresses in at the moment that might work.
Nance Posts: 161
try klassy dress hire, based in carlow. Some fab dresses to hire. They have a website so google that and you should find them.
neddie Posts: 580
I got a fab dress for a wedding in Nelo during the week. They have a nice range and not overly proced either. I went to the clarendon st shop in Dublina but they're in cork and limerick too.
called klassy dress hire and they are totally booked up till end of april :o( :o( looked at Nelo site they dont have many dresses on the site. whats average price of dresses this will be the 3rd dress i have bought and grown out of :o(
[quote="hopeforbaby":3u0wmlp8]called klassy dress hire and they are totally booked up till end of april :o( :o( looked at Nelo site they dont have many dresses on the site. whats average price of dresses this will be the 3rd dress i have bought and grown out of for this wedding :o([/quote:3u0wmlp8] I hear you...I had two dresses I thought would do but looked massive in them the other day so had to do an emergency dash. I paid €105 for a lovely "Maternal America" knee-length dress, so not too pricey. There's not too much on the website but good selection in the shop (I tried on about 6 black dresses and 2 or 3 brighter colours too.) Good luck.
brilliant i will head into them tomorrow morning and have a look. for all other weddings im going to this year i dont know what i will do. i cant be in a mad panic each time the week before trying to get something that fits. i might just start going in patatoe sacks :o0
[quote="hopeforbaby":1gzpw5dy]brilliant i will head into them tomorrow morning and have a look. for all other weddings im going to this year i dont know what i will do. i cant be in a mad panic each time the week before trying to get something that fits. i might just start going in patatoe sacks :o0[/quote:1gzpw5dy] Some nice jewels and brightly coloured bailing twine around the empire line, and you'll be gorgeous! :o0 I'm sticking with the simple black number anyway and can change shoes and jewellery to make it a little different as I've a couple of occasions coming up. Happy Shopping :wv