Need to lose these extra Lbs- whose with me?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

im waiting Posts: 2727
Ok I have something like 3 months and 3 wks left until I walk down the Aisle and go on my long awaited Honeymoon. I have been going to the gym since June and I had just over a stone to lose to reach my target weight but I just can't get there. I have weeks where I am great and go to the gym when I can and eat healthily and stay away from Crap, then when I get out of that routine due not being able to get to the gym for a few days etc, I start to crave the crap stuff and my H2B is a divil for the Take Aways, if theirs no dinner ready by the time he gets home, he'll talk me into getting a take away , I'm the bigger fool for giving in each time . So today is the day it all begins again and even though its a tough time of year to lose weight and go exericising bar going to the gym, I AM GOING TO DO IT!!!!! So whose with me?
MaggieSBride Posts: 399
Meeeee so need to get the arse in gear!!!!
Synergy Posts: 2768
Me too! So far I've shifted 15lbs but I can't seem to get under 13 stone (can't believe I said that out loud the shame) I ideally want to be 11 and 1/12 stone that will bring me down to a size 12 (i'm now a 16 :o( ) I'm really hoping to be down a stone for Christmas and that will leave around half a stone for the wedding. I really need to pull my finger out. Going to start slim fast tomorrow and see how I get on
JustBecause Posts: 3242
Me 4! I've put on weight and stopped going to the gym since getting engaged. My poor FH is gutted, he thinks I gone to pot! :o0 I want to be in great shape for the wedding and honeymoon and babymaking after that >:o) I have about a stone to lose, but even 1/2 stone would be great. Snacking, big heavy meals in work, lack of will power and avoidance of the gym are my downfalls :-8
lux Posts: 6270
I got a big shock about my weight earlier this year and I did the following: Couch to 5k four times a week. Cut out all the junk I was eating watchin TV etc, did something else while watching like ironing. Brought salads and homemade soup for lunch every day Cut back on meat and had more fish No takeaways Loads of water, 500 ml bottle filled three or four times a day Cut back on booze and some other bits and went from 10 11 to 9 8 in three weeks. I fluctuate now but if I feel myself slipping I get out and do more exercise and control what I eat-its the ONLY way to lose weight and keep it off, the most I've gained is when I go back to 10 stone and that's when I really let myself go. If I am 9 for wedding I'll be happy, planning on upping runs by doing Couch to 8k after christmas. Its sheer willpower. I am planning on putting a picture of Kate Middleton on the fridge to keep me motivated :o0 cos we're getting married a week later!
Xxcitedwife Posts: 835
good tips lux! I have 1stone to lose for definate.........ideally 1st4 would be brilliant. I did well with the baby weight and got down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 11st 6(im 5ft9) and i got down to 10st12 but now im back up at 11st4...............please please get my ass in gear and let me lose at least 7lb before the christmas party, then rest after christmas. God id be in my element seriously to be 10st! Started the 30 day shred last nite, must google that couch to 4k thingy lux, heard you mention it before. Buying nothing bad in shopping tommrow-maybe something exciting like pink n whites for cuppa :o0
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
I envy you lux, great willpower. After baby was born I did great and lost over a stone but since I went back to work I am really struggling and have gone up a dress size. Managing motherhood and an exhausting full time job is hard enough but add into the mix a fiance working in the defence forces with crazy changeable hours and you get rushing around, convenience eating and evenings where I'm home alone so can't go out for a walk even!! Sorry for being all depressing!! On the plus side I did start Zumba last week and I loved it. One class a week is not enough, I really need to get out there in the evenings and get my butt moving. What is this couch to 5k thing??
Bellisima Posts: 3583
Couch to 4K as far as I know basically involves you getting your bum off the couch and running or walking (I think) 4 kilometres. I dont think you have to do 4k straight away - basically thats the challenge of it - that you're building up to that. Lux has obviously got that sorted so has a bigger challenge in mind (the 8k). Anyway think its as simple as that! Or not so simple - depending on how much you hate exercise!!
confusedmum2012 Posts: 325
[quote="Brown2be":23n8leee]On the plus side I did start Zumba last week and I loved it. One class a week is not enough, I really need to get out there in the evenings and get my butt moving. [/quote:23n8leee] Brown 2 be, how was zumba was it a good cardio workout? I'm thinking of taking it up. Managed to lose a stone but have put back on 2lb, so still need to lose around 5lb just keep losing motivation! Was walking 5k a day with a friend but we can't keep that up forever, I need a change am bored of walking :zzzz:
Synergy Posts: 2768
I got under my 13 stone block!!!!! Albeit by just a pound but hey they all add up! I was jumping around the bathroom in my knickers for joy ha ha. How are ye all getting on? I'm starving tonight but it'll be worth it in the end.