Need to rant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Arrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh some people get on my nerves!!!!!!!!!! Ds goes to a lovely playschool. There are 16 kids in the playschool and its in a small cul de sac so you can imagine what the traffic is like. Often there is no where to park so some one will park behind me and I patiently wait for them to return. It seems to be the done thing. So today I parked behind a car and ran in to get ds (which takes all of a minute) So I came back out and your woman in the car in front is throwing me daggers. the car that was beside us had left at this stage so while Im putting Ds into the car she decides to do a very dangerous 3 point turn on the FOOT PATH!!!!!!! (remember there are 3 yr olds leaving the school at this stage) By the time she was finished her 3 (read 20) point turn.......... I would have been long gone so it actually took her longer.... As she was driving past her friend was shouting out the window at me!!!!!!! I mean come on, we all need to collect her kids from school. I would have delayed her for a whole minute.... Im so flipping angry over this >:o( They are a lovely bunch of parents and as I said before, parking behind some one happens every day. The fecking CHEEK of her!!!!!!!!! Strongly thinking of going to the lady in charge over her dangerous driving on the footpath
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
god hun, is she flippin mental, doing that on a footpath, in this weather, outside a playschool :duh: :duh: :duh: some people have no patience, as u said,it only takes 2 mins to run in and collect ur babs, id defo say it to the playschool. thats too dangerous to be doing that, ur dead right to be mad over it, and dont even get me started on the one roaring at u out the window, thats just bad manners! if she was in a rush somewhere, she shud have gone earlier for her little one!! O:| O:| O:| some people wud boil ur blood! >:o( >:o( >:o(
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
Are you for real?? ffs, what kind a person goes on like that. We all get frustrated with driving in bad weather but theres no need for her actions. And her mate shouting out the window? Honestly Scarlett, they sound like a bunch of tinkers, try not to let them get to you. Just keep an eye out for your woman again and maybe mention it to a couple of parents. >:o(
Ivy F Posts: 2023
Just thought that I'd throw a tuppence in from another perspective, even though this situation is a bit different from yours.... My Mum's estate is very close to a school. The parents often park their cars in front of people's [b:3ekxmgkq]driveways[/b:3ekxmgkq] & walk the 5-10 mins to the school to pick up their kids, which naturally drives Mum beserk as she's often trying to get out!!! But what riles her the most is the attitude of some of the parents when they return with the kids. Once, for example, she returned home to find a woman blocking her driveway, so she politely pulled up & waited. The woman looked at her & just looked away again - not even an apologetic wave!!! O:| O:| Mum had to wait, engine humming, while this woman slowly put her child in the car (fair enough, this takes time - but when you're paused outside your own house & aren't even being acknowledged, each minute is an added insult), before driving off, nose in the air. No parking shortage justifies that kind of arrogance. Did you at least acknowledge the woman somehow when you returned to the car? If so, yes, she was out of line, IMO.
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
I kind of waved at her if that makes sense? But I knew by the way the 2 of them were looking at me that they were annoyed. The funny thing is she was blocking a driveway, I was behind her. Thats disgraceful about your mam, I would never block some ones driveway like that. Older ds school is across from houses and I do feel sorry for the people that live there