Nervous/Anxious - too much to do

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mum2be2010 Posts: 12
Starting to feel really anxious at this stage. Due in 4 weeks and not starting maternity leave for another 2 weeks but have so much to do in work its stressing me out. There's a lot to get done before I pass over all to the girl thats covering for me and hence when I get home in the evenings and at weekends I am so so tired I can't seem to get anything done. House is a mess, have very little got for lo etc. There's so much I want to get done at home before lo arrives and I know in ideal situation I will have nearly 2 wks off before lo born but what if I go into labour early?? This has me really stressed out. Can't wait to hold lo but so so not ready yet. On top of that the travel system we ordered has been delayed so that won't be in for another few weeks and I'm too tired at weekends to go looking at all the other stuff we need so this is stressing me out even more! Couldn't sleep at all last night (this has been the case on and off now for the past 2 - 3 wks) but last night was different, every time I did dose off, I was dreaming that I was going into labour and I was panicking about not having stuff for baby and about work, house etc etc. Oh I really need to chill out a bit! Pls tell me I'm not the only one going thru this?? Would love to take a few days off but its not an option at all because I really need every day here to get finished up on time. Arrrrrrr! Sorry girls, rant over!!
blondiechick Posts: 1641
Don't stress,...you still have tonnes of time. Could you maybe set aside this weekend with your other half to sort out/clean the house? Then maybe the following weekend, get all the remaining bits and pieces you need in town...?? Do it little by little. don't stress out, u don't want your BP going up and you need to get as much sleep as you can now. Talk to your other half and write a list of what has to be done and then break it down into little bits to do every day. That's what I did and got it all done sooner than expected with a little help from DH! good luck!
raspberry ripple Posts: 1809
I second doing up a list...a few weeks ago I was feeling the same and had a couple of sleepless nights. So I wrote down EVERYTHING that I needed to do and got DH on board to help. Once a good few of the items were ticked off I started to feel more relaxed.
tags Posts: 544
For both work and home, why don't you make a list of the things you HAVE to do and prioritise these. For the home list, you can get DH to help like other posters said. For work list, you will see what parts you have to cover and what parts other people can help you with. At least with the list for work, you can also use it to show your boss how much you have to cover in a short space of time so they might be able to draft others in to help.