New Mattress for Moses Basket for 2nd baby?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fizzy bubbles Posts: 339
Hi, I was told that you have to buy a new mattress for the moses basket and cot for a second baby. We got our moses basket in Mothercare. I have been looking on their website but they dont seem to sell mattresses alone - only with a moses basket. Has anyone bought a mattress for a moses basket and how much are they? Thanks :thnk
Daff Posts: 11644
I got one in Mama's and Papa's for €19! If you ask in mothercare they have them but think they were about €35 :ooh I'm not getting another this time, it was only used last year.
Silini2 Posts: 3834
YOu are kidding, sorry but i think that is CRAZY!!!!! I used the same cot and moses mattress for mine without a second thought. Sorry but i think that is taking things way too far to get a second one. Not aiming this at you by the way but at whoever is recommending this! How much money do they think people have??!!!
mamam Posts: 724
Hi I got a new moses basket matress in Argos it was €10 I got a new cot matress in Smyths for €80
thanks for the replies girls, will keep a look out to see if I can get one on sale! Silini2, I know its crazy! And the last thing I wanted to be buying when I have a perfectly good one at home that was not used that much. A few people have said to me at this stage that I will need a new one! Apparently one baby's spit up/ sick us harmful to another baby?
i want one Posts: 2893
i think its something to do with SIDS and the toxins that can build up in a mattress? but im not 100% sure. it wil be on my list to buy anyway i know that for sure.
Just looked up Argos.ie and they have them for 9.99. Thanks again girls :thnk