Menu

New Mums - Best ST's to buy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

poppy1 Posts: 596
Hi All I'm putting my hospital bag together and was unsure of what ST's to buy and how many packs to get, just need a bit of advice on this, thanks Southalls (is whats in the hospital booklet) Kotex Night Always Night Also do i need to buy granny knickers. I have lots of old ones i was going to use (kinda like granny knickers), and i was going to bin them after. My bump is quite small so im still fitting in to all my regular undies and some jeans. Met friend who had new baby 10 days ago and she recommended these ones you can get in the chemist, in a see through plastic, they are green. Go them at the weekend and they are like surfboards!!! and also got granny knickers in pennys - just to have enough.... no idea how to bump up posts... :ooh
mum of 2 Posts: 271
i would reccomend the Always nighttime pads. ALso i would go with your old pants and just bin them or you can buy disposable ones in Mothercare , i used these and bined them .
bree Posts: 1880
id have 2 say Kotex, cos the feeling of them against your skin is softer , found them very comfy
mammybean Posts: 10364
just whatever you do dont buy the Boot maternity pads cos they arent worth a slap! I bought loads of granny knickers going in but i didnt stain any of them, so im still using them on frumpy days :-8 :o0
007Babs Posts: 417
I had loads of the Always Nightime (purple ones) bought as my friend said they were the best. However, I had stitches and she didn't, and for me the only ones that worked were Dr. White's because they were cotton feeling. I found the plasticy ones like Always made the stitches sting and kept them moist, delaying their healing because you sweat buckets after giving birth - sorry TMI. I felt pretty instant relief when I got the Dr. White's as they were closest to the hospital-supplied ones and yes they are bulky, but glamour goes out the window at that stage :o0 Not sure about the granny knickers - whatever you fit into. After the birth you will still look a few months pregnant so bear that in mind. Also if you have a C-Section, you will need ones that go over the incision so granny ones would be good in that case. Dunno if I am making much sense - had a fairly sleepless night last night. :wv Best of luck!
mammybean Posts: 10364
perfect sense 007, more than i am making today :o0
mariac Posts: 982
[quote="Mammy Bean":2s2ra5nt]just whatever you do dont buy the Boot maternity pads cos they arent worth a slap! I bought loads of granny knickers going in but i didnt stain any of them, so im still using them on frumpy days :-8 :o0[/quote:2s2ra5nt] :eek wish i knew that before i went to boots last week
poppy1 Posts: 596
thanks for the replies girls might get 2 packs of dr whites and 2 kotex nite!! i can always send hubbie out for more!!
delgirl Posts: 1706
Quick follow on question - where do you get the Dr. Whites STs. I have not been able to find them anywhere. Just the boots and mothercare ones but have not bought any yet.
McMummy Posts: 1041
Doh! I bought boots ones too O:|