New suggestions for baking - Page 3

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sweet8 Posts: 1285
Sorry for going OT, but I'm interested in getting back into baking again. I've no cupcake moulds, cake tins etc. Just wondering what the bare necessities for baking would be. Any info and advice would be most welcome! Back on topic, my mouth is watering! :o0
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Go to IKEA and HomeStore & More and shop to your hearts content - I'd be MOOOOORE than happy to help you shop! :o)ll Have a look at the first couple of pages of Jamie Olivers recent cookbooks (trying to think which one I saw it in), and he gives a list of basic neccesities for your kitchen. Try Ministry of Food, Jamie At Home or Jamies Dinners - they're the three Jamie books I have at home. When I get home, I'll dig out the list for you, and post it up for you.
[quote="Wibbly Wobbly Wonder":srxkgj79]Go to IKEA and HomeStore & More and shop to your hearts content - I'd be MOOOOORE than happy to help you shop! :o)ll Have a look at the first couple of pages of Jamie Olivers recent cookbooks (trying to think which one I saw it in), and he gives a list of basic neccesities for your kitchen. Try Ministry of Food, Jamie At Home or Jamies Dinners - they're the three Jamie books I have at home. When I get home, I'll dig out the list for you, and post it up for you.[/quote:srxkgj79] Much obliged! Thank you! O:o)
Sweet8, I had a look through the Jamie books last night, but the only list(s) he had, were for cooking, as in the pots and pans etc. I know theres a list that has what you need in your presses, for cooking, as in oils and spices etc. I was out last night, so I'll do my best to do a more thorough (sp) search of the other books, just in case it's not Jamie. Off the top of my head, you should get: Mixing bowls, wooden spoons, plastic spatulas, weighing scales, measuring cups (American way of measuring), sieve, non-stick cake tins - rectangular, square, round (even novelty ones for the craic), greaseproof paper, bun cases, you can now get paper cases for loaf and cake tins which can be very handy instead of having to cut up greaseproof paper to line the tins. If I think of any more, I'll let you know :wv
[quote="Wibbly Wobbly Wonder":30aliq29]Sweet8, I had a look through the Jamie books last night, but the only list(s) he had, were for cooking, as in the pots and pans etc. I know theres a list that has what you need in your presses, for cooking, as in oils and spices etc. I was out last night, so I'll do my best to do a more thorough (sp) search of the other books, just in case it's not Jamie. Off the top of my head, you should get: Mixing bowls, wooden spoons, plastic spatulas, weighing scales, measuring cups (American way of measuring), sieve, non-stick cake tins - rectangular, square, round (even novelty ones for the craic), greaseproof paper, bun cases, you can now get paper cases for loaf and cake tins which can be very handy instead of having to cut up greaseproof paper to line the tins. If I think of any more, I'll let you know :wv[/quote:30aliq29] Thanks so much Wibbly Wobbly Wonder :thnk Guess I just need to head into town and shop around for the list :innocent:
Nearly all supermarkets have a good range of basic baking utensils, but if you want to go really cute-check out the Avoca range. I can't get the link to work for me, but their stuff is so pretty. When I get my dream home, with my huge kitchen, I'm chucking out all my baking stuff and starting from scratch with all the Avoca stuff. Stock and Kitchen Compliments have beautiful stuff too.
ott Posts: 3920
The carrot cake is in the oven! Smells so good!
[quote="ott":13syarce]The carrot cake is in the oven! Smells so good![/quote:13syarce] I'll send you my work address - less chance of the cake getting squished through the letterbox! :o0