New to this..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

RD Posts: 146
Hi, hoping for some advise if you can help. Couple of months ago hubby & I decided we'd start trying for a baby. So went to Dr & got all usual tests done, rubella, iron, bloods etc. Found out that I've an underactive thyroid and B12 problem. Was put on tablets for the thyroid and it's nearly rectified. Anyway am now on day 41 of cycle, have never been late before. I've did a test a week ago & it came back negative so wondering if it's down to tablets etc. Came off pill in Jan and first three months period was like clockwork. Any advise??
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
Hi RD, It's hard to say really - might be no harm in doing another test to make sure - you could have tested too early. Failing that, maybe ask your gps advice about the tablets and if they would have any affect on you. Sorry I can't be any more help! Keep us posted :)
Hi Mrs Peg, Thanks for replying - took your advise and tested again this morning - it was POSITIVE this time - two distint lines! Oh my god! :ooh :ooh Haven't even to DH yet - he was still asleep when I was heading out for work.... I want to see his face when I tell him - he kept telling me it was my cycle adjusting. Will do another test this evening just to be sure to be sure....... :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
MrsC2B Posts: 500
Oh fantastic news RD, congratulations to you both, don't know how you'll hold off telling DH all day, I'd be bursting at the seams. Well done and best wishes for a great pregnancy.
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
WOW RD - Great news!!! You must be over the moon!! Enjoy telling hubby tonight - i'm sure you're about to burst!! The very best of luck with it all - hope you have a bloomin 9 months!!
corkrebel Posts: 744
Congrats RD!!!! it is a great feeling ...we might be due around the same time !!! happy and healthy pregnancy to you!
rose petal Posts: 307
RD congrats, That is great news...... RP
Thanks for the best wishes girls - still seems unreal to me to be quiet honest. :o Really wasn't expecting the test to show positive! Have bought another test & will do that this evening before telling him. Now how to break the good news...????? RD
MrsDtoB Posts: 86
Hi RD! Congratulations to you! you must be thrilled! FYI - if you got a positive test theres no need to do another test - you either have the pregnancy hormone or you dont..it wont show up if your not pregnant!!!
jellybaby Posts: 2316
Congratulations RD, that's fantastic news!! The best of luck to you, enjoy telling your hubbie :wink: