new type of ovulation predictor

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wedjul05 Posts: 5673
Hey, I am just after reading about a new type of ovulation prediction tool and was wondering if anyone else has heard about this? Apparently there is a watch called an OV-watch that measures chloride levels in perspiration. It tells you 4 days before you ovulate that you are fertile. You wear it on your wrist at night and it takes readings. So rather than using LH detection strips which only tell you a 12-24hr fertile window, this thing tells you a 4 day window just before you ovulate! Might be good for women like myself who have irregular periods. Only problem is the price, 189 dollars! Seriously tempted though!!
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Hi, Isn't that how ov predictor kits work? That what I used and they tell you basically a 72 hour window, which is almost as good. My AF were also irregular, and I used these evry 3rd day or so for about 2 weeks to pin point fertile time.
so_clear Posts: 397
Hi MoonDesert, Did you use the prdictor kit for long before you figured out your ov dates? Am about to launch into proper TTC (as opposed to cluelessly doing BD when we felt like it and not having a clue about cycles) and am trying to get my head around working out when I ovulate and the best times to TTC, etc. Did you buy your ov kit (and sticks?) in a chemist here or online? I was told by a friend that they're cheaper online, but I didn't want to ask her where she got hers as I don't want people to know that we're TTC cos I don't want any pressure! Thanks in advance for any advice.
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
PM'd you
so_clear Posts: 397
Thanks MoonDesert - I really appreciate it. Am trying to read TCOYF and pick everything up and wish I knew it all yesterday!!! *)