new york

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

a2b Posts: 183
For anybody who bought there dress in New york, did you buy off the rail or get it made to order? Any recommendations for shops to visit... for dress and possibly wedding bands going over next week so wanna do my research. Hope snow clears up before i get there
PinotNoir Posts: 34
I got mine in RK Bridal. It only took 3 months to come here. David's bridal is another one that seems popular but I didn't go there. You could try the Diamond district for your rings.
Shoelover Posts: 473
sorry to hijack thread....but B2B have you been to diamond district. planning a visit there on our honeymoon. is it really all they say? as in a third of the price of here. is there people that get rippe doff there too....as in fake stones??
PinotNoir Posts: 34
I didn't go there, but have heard great stories. I already had my engagement ring when I went over.
Shoelover Posts: 473
thanks. i am afraid we'd end up buying something that we might as well have gotten in claires accessories!! :-8
MrsRed Posts: 397
I got my engagment ring and our wedding rings in the Diamond District. Went to Salvatores, which has a lot of recommendations from this site. They are so nice in there, and yes are def legit. If looking at wedding bands, they might have a v high price on them but they discount these big time for you. Def worth a look. Any more Q's let me know. PS Also went to RK Bridal... lovely in there, bought my shoes there and my veil in Davids Bridal.
a2b Posts: 183
brilliant girls thanks. Anybody else been shopping there?