newborn nappies bit confused???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

baby4me Posts: 455
hi girls i have only bought 2 packs of pampers newborn size 1. one is in the hospital bag and the other for at home but im bit confused cause the sizes go on weight newborn 1 4-11lbs newborn 2 6-13lbs so does that mean in bub is born 7 - 8lbs which is likely that i should use size one or rwo cause there really not much differnece in weight sizes??????? anyone clear this up for me thanks :wv
NewGirl Posts: 1143
Yea I heard one of the other mums say that there is very little difference. We are still using size 1 - babs is 9 weeks aprox 11lbs, (we bought loads of size 1 when offers were on) moving onto size 2 tomorrow, I think then size 3 is very little difference again. You go through aprox 8 nappies a day, one large pack a week so stock up when you see offers. :o0
MissieGold Posts: 1124
[quote:2k5dane9]You go through aprox 8 nappies a day, one large pack a week so stock up when you see offers. [/quote:2k5dane9] Good to know, thanks New girl. Im totally confused about nappies etc. myself :-8
jellybaby Posts: 2316
We bought two packs of size 1 and two of size 2 (as we had no idea about sizes and weights). We used the two packs of size 1 and then went straight to size 2 as there was very little difference in size. Ignore the weights and go with your instinct - you'll know when it's time to move onto the next size....
TheBigDay Posts: 651
I bought lots of newborn nappies on special offer before I had my little one. He was a big baby and never got to wear some of them, so maybe just buy a few packs as you don't know how long your baby will be wearing each stage.
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
Nappies are on offer at the minute in Tesco. I must stock up this weekend.
mariac Posts: 982
what kinda offers?
heartbeat Posts: 26
Girls I registered on pampers.ie, and they sent out nappy vouchers, if you're stocking up Baby4me - I'm glad you asked this question, as I was wondering the same thing too!
cbs Posts: 704
Thanks Heartbeat, must look that up, just bought the 1 pack so far