Newly pregnant advice

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Spice Bride Posts: 558
Does anyone who is now pregnant have any advice for the TTCers? Not how to get pregnant, more of what you wish in hindsight that you'd done before getting pregnant that you can't do now because you're pregnant? e.g. if I don't get BFP next month I'm going to console myself with a lobster dinner cos once I do get a BFP shellfish is out and I'll miss it. Just some ideas to help those who weren't lucky this month.
Ducky Posts: 2506
I'm with ya there, missing shellfish, pate and soft cheese far more than drink! I could murder a crab toe... Also: Relish how easy it is to put on shoes/ walk up stairs/ carry laundry basket, mop, hoover and bend over generally Sleep on your tum Drink loads of coffee Wear your highest heels! Love your favourite jeans and wear them a lot Love the fact that you can take something when smothered with a cold (sniff) But I wouldn't change it for the world! (I'd just have done more of the above in advance!!)
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Have to add.. Enjoy drinkies at the weekend! Go out and see lots of your friends while you still have the energy. And enjoy their company when they're drunk (they'll be v. annoying once you have to put up with them stone cold sober!) Enjoy lots of chats with DH that have nothing whatsoever to do with kids. Pop two paracetomol any time you get a slight headache Stuff your face with loads of soft cheese and pate (if you like it). Have LOADS of sex becuase your libido will probably exit stage left for the first 12 weeks or so! :o0
mumof2 Posts: 3864
Not pregnant so nothing really to add just to say - great thread!!! Anything other tips mums to be