newry hosp don't have anaesthetist evenings or weekends???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrs sarah c Posts: 522
Friend had a baby there recently and had no epidural as it was after 8pm....jesus :cry: She said next time she will go somewhere that does have someone on site.I feel weak thinking about it!!!
MUMS THE WORD Posts: 733
that's interesting... as I live up North and I was going to attend Craigavon, as I'm not far from there.. unfortunatley that's where I went when I had my miscarraige there 2 weeks ago, and they were absolutely horrid.. no sympahy, no understanding, no nothing!! There is not one good word I can say about the way I was treated in Craigavon.. the hospital itself looked really run down too... So I was going to consider Daisy Hill if I were to get pregnant again!!! But if there was no epidural!!! Gees that's shocking!!!
bellabella Posts: 2750
Well the hospital were i live dont believe in epidurals.But they do them anyway for 3 hours a day between 9 and 12 Monday to Friday.SO if you are lucky enough to go into labour between those hours you are a very fortunate woman. I am so afraid, at the moment i am just hoping for a bfp.This morning i banged my toe and i was crying so much and do you know what my first thought was? MY god,having a baby will be a million times worse and i started crying even more about that. :roll: :roll: :roll: .
oh bellabella, over-reacting there slightly with the toe banging.. don't you think???? Typical of a hormonal woman... I wonder could you have BFP on the horizon... I hope you do dear!!! :)
bellabella Posts: 2750
I know and I got no sympathy from dh and all i could say well you dont have to push a melon out of a pin-hole.He laughed and went out the door. :P :P :P . I hope it is hormones maybe i will bang it again in a few days and see how i react :D :D :D :D ;o( ;o( ;o(
Sparklymum Posts: 1563
Daisy Hill in Newry has only one baby respiration unit and if your baby is born early or needs help breathing it will be transferred to craigavon and you will be left in Newry. That happened my Best Mate a couple of years ago after almost 4 days they transferred her to Craigavon where she was put in a private ward and ignored basically, the day she moved into the room there was blood stains on the floor of her ward and in the ensuite, she was there ten days and the floor was never washed! They were also dog ignorant to her, not a very nice hospital at all. Mind you we wondered at the time was it because she was from the south and it was the beginning of July.
[quote:2x2ygu65]Daisy Hill in Newry has only one baby respiration unit and if your baby is born early or needs help breathing it will be transferred to craigavon and you will be left in Newry. That happened my Best Mate a couple of years ago after almost 4 days they transferred her to Craigavon where she was put in a private ward and ignored basically, the day she moved into the room there was blood stains on the floor of her ward and in the ensuite, she was there ten days and the floor was never washed! They were also dog ignorant to her, not a very nice hospital at all. [b:2x2ygu65]Mind you we wondered at the time was it because she was from the south and it was the beginning of July.[/quote:2x2ygu65][/b:2x2ygu65] aaaggghhh that might explain a few things.. being from the South (like myself originally) it would be presumed she's Catholic and then in the height of the marching season... ooohh yes that does explain it :-)
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
oh girls, im not preg at mo but i have to say going somewhere with limited epidural would scare the be-jaysus out of me, i certainly wont be the no drugs type.
MTMR Posts: 788
Don't know the north very well but have friend in craigavon & my cousin lives in lisburn...my cousin had a very difficult pregnancy and attended lagan valley where she was treated like a princess ( she a catholic from the south and her husband a northern protestant) they only people that were an way rude or difficult were her husbands family who don't approve of the marrage. Is lagan valley too far?
littledolly Posts: 393
Lagan Valley is the same - you can only get epidurals between 9 and 5 Monday - Friday, so if you are set on having one, there probably isn't best for you either.