Nice hotel (luxurious but cheapish!!)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Babyloco Posts: 964
Im looking to book a nice hotel break for hubbies birthday in November. I was thinking a castle or just a really nice luxurious hotel that wont cost the earth. Any recommendations?? We have been to Lyrath before and loved it so maybe something along those lines
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
How about the Heritage in Killenard? Faithlegg in Waterford always has great deals. Carton House, it's fab but pricey! Hodson Bay in Athlone, maybe not quite as luxurious as the others but you can ask for the spa hotel rooms which are amazing and the spa there is one of the best I've been to!
blondiechick Posts: 1641
waterford castle (fab but was expensive) dromoland castle (fab, fab, fab. Pricey but not ott pricewise) ashford castle (v.expensive but so fab) Lisloughry Lodge (spent Valentine's here..on grounds of Ashford-fab) ballynahinch castle in Conamara (lovely, log fires, nice and relaxing, nice walks) Lough Rynn Castle (lovely) Kilronan Castle (we actually got an amazing deal and it was fab) Kinnity Castle (haven't been for a few years but it's lovely and the local village is lovely, cute pubs etc)
Thanks girls, thats brill :thnk
Littlebo Posts: 2598
I love Lyrath too ( where I got married) and I also have a love of Hotels in general ( former Hotelier and in ways still am!). Faithlegg is g even though it as cheap..Dunboyne do very very good deals and I had a really good time there. An EXCELLENT one I have been to recently is Seafield in Wexford and very reasonable and such good quality..see their Spa it is lovely. Inchadoney is another one ...didn't like the leisure centre much but the rest is lovely.
Has anyone stayed in Solis Lough Eske,Donegal?? How long would it take to get to Derry from there??
gotmyrock Posts: 26
[quote="MarilynMonroe":exszlomn]Has anyone stayed in Solis Lough Eske,Donegal?? How long would it take to get to Derry from there??[/quote:exszlomn] Hi I'm probably biased as i am getting married in Solis Lough Eske but I love it :lvs It is somewhere really special, I have been many times over past few years. I love the surroundings and the food is always great. It usually takes 50mins from Derry. 1hr at max. Hope this helps :wv
I have booked Lough Solis-cant wait-it looks fab :o)ll :o)ll
gotmyrock Posts: 26
Yay :o)ll Well done you. You'll have a lovely time. Enjoy O-O
MrsAH Posts: 3715
I love Carton House, got married there. It really is fab. Our other favorite place to go is Seafield, spa is out of this world too. Might be less expensive than Carton.