Nice hotel recommendations - Midlands

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hadtoleave Posts: 2522
Just wondering can anyone recommend a really nice hotel somewhere in the midlands. I really wanted to book the Wineport Lodge in Glasson but there is no availability for this weekend so looking for somewhere else around the same idea. Anywhere around Athlone/Tullamore or within 45mins of each. thanks
MrsBig10 Posts: 2074
The hodson bay hotel...ask for room in new part, over looking the lake. Really nice!!!
Thanks a million for your reply. :thnk This sounds really stupid but I did exams & lectures in the Hodson Bay for the last couple of years so I actually couldn’t go and stay there on a relaxing night away cos I associate it with stress and studying! The grounds and all are gorgeous but I just can’t see past the whole exam thing!
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
What about Glasson Golf and Country Club? Beautiful surroundings :wv
MrsBig10 Posts: 2074
Listen, you've met your twin!!! :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: I have my correctors conference there every year & always say to h2b NEVER to take me there for a night etc as it always reminds me of the conference time. I thought that it was JUST me!!! Brilliant!!!!
Ghostchild I actually checked the Glasson Country club as I had heard great things about it but it has no availability for this weekend either. Thanks! :thnk Mrs Big that is so funny!! :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie:
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
The rooms in the Springs Hotel are fab (had a quick noise at the rooms once) but the suroundings aren't great at all. The Sheraton is meant to be nice also.
Thanks a mil will definitely check out the availability of there at lunchtime. If the rooms are fab that is the most important thing!Grounds would be an added bonus but not a necessity as it will probably be raining anyways!! thanks again!
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
sheraton or shamrock lodge... both in athlone
Thanks ladies will look at the Springs and Shamrock. RN – same problem with Sheraton as with Hodson Bay. Also did a lot of lectures and mock exams in the Sheraton so can’t really think about going there for a night away!!