Nice pub function room for venue

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

georginakennedy28 Posts: 1
Can anybody recommend a nice pub that could be used as the function room for the afters? I don't particularly want a hotel or fancy house - we're on a budget with the venue and are happy enough with our crazy family with a nice guinness! We are based in Dublin and so would consider Dublin or Wexford areas for around 80 guests. Many thanks Georgina
KiwiBride2016 Posts: 3
I'd love to know about pub function rooms in Wexford/ Dublin too. Have you found anywhere?
AK2015 Posts: 31
Try Anglers Rest near Phoenix Park. Have a nice pub vibe and space upstairs for weddings/functions. We considered it as our full venue but didn't work numbers wise.
PlayBones Posts: 32
Hi, You could try some of the following: Sandymount cricket club - Have a function room/hall that is perfect for 80-100, and lovely picnic benches outside. Beautiful venue for a summer wedding as the flowers there are fabulous. Really cheap, to hire, about €150 as far as I remember. Purty Loft in Dun Laoghaire has a good function room and beside the sea for photos. Killiney Golf Club & Old Conna Golf Club in Bray have lovely function rooms, if you know someone in the club to propose your idea. Neptune Rowing Club and Commercial Rowing Club both have function rooms with a full bar, are based on or near the liffey and the phoenix park. Both are actively looking to hire our their venues for functions. Hope these suggestions help, or give you some ideas. Best of luck, PB.
[email protected] Posts: 23
Have you found a venue yet? If not - Mary Barrys Restaurant in Kilmore, Wexford does amazing food and has a function room to suit the numbers you are talking about. Also I'm a pianist and music events organiser in Wexford - if you need any piano or Traditional Irish music for the ceremony or drinks reception or even a wedding band, check out https://www.weddingsonline.ie/suppliers/dec-play-piano - thanks Declan