Niggling pain in my back

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wollywoo Posts: 330
Yes, I know, it's a strange topic but just wondering if anyone else knows what this could be! I've just since lunch had a niggling pain in my back on the left hand side...sort of at halfway between my belly button and my boobs...but obviously on my back! :o0 It's the only way I can describe the exact area!! Anyway, it's sort of a darting pain so I'm wondering if anyone knows what could be causing it!? It's flipping sore when it darts but it's only on the left hand side!!
LastRolo Posts: 6892
Whatever you do, don't google your symptoms.
[quote="LastRolo":gvkayfki]Whatever you do, don't google your symptoms.[/quote:gvkayfki] :o0 :o0 Don't worry LastRolo, I've learned my lesson as regards googling medical things!! I'd end up collapsing if I looked them up!! :wv
MinnietheMinx Posts: 2396
You could've just pulled a muscle, is the sharp pain coming when you take a deep breath? Chances are it'll sort itself out in the next 24 hours.
Thanks Minnie! (Wollywoo takes deep breaths to see if the pain appears with breathing...then realises it sounds odd and work collegues may think she's a freak!) Nope...it doesn't do anything different when I breathe, it just seems to be a bit like a slow heart beat...coming and going at it's own pace...it's probably just trapped wind or something :-8 :-8 I'll have to go to the loo and let rip and see if that helps! :o0 :o0 :o0
LastRolo Posts: 6892
:o0 :o0 :o0 If its still at you when you go home, put a heat patch or hot water bottle on it. If its not any better tomorrow or over the weekend, maybe go to your doctor?? Although IMO you've probably just pulled a muscle, and it will sort itself out.
Ye are probably right girls! I've probably pulled a muscle, though God only knows how....probably bending over to pick a bar out of the bar machine! :o0 ....speaking of which.... :innocent:
Twirl Posts: 5598
[quote="wollywoo":3pt5almi]Thanks Minnie! (Wollywoo takes deep breaths to see if the pain appears with breathing...then realises it sounds odd and work collegues may think she's a freak!) Nope...it doesn't do anything different when I breathe, it just seems to be a bit like a slow heart beat...coming and going at it's own pace...it's probably just trapped wind or something :-8 :-8 I'll have to go to the loo and let rip and see if that helps! :o0 :o0 :o0[/quote:3pt5almi] :o0 :o0 Well i couldnt help but laugh at your last comment. I suffer with my back and it can be so painful and uncomfortable, but its so easy to do damage to the back, if you still have it this evening, have a bath or even put a hot water bottle on the area. As for the sharp shooting pains your getting, i actually get ones like these in my back but all i can say ( if you dont need to let it rip ) just rest as much as you can.
Hmmm...I've let rip :-8 but it's still there...definitely resting up this evening ladies, thanks lovely wollies! :thnk
soimarriedanaxemurderer Posts: 932
[quote="wollywoo":25eibkyk][quote="LastRolo":25eibkyk]Whatever you do, don't google your symptoms.[/quote:25eibkyk] :o0 :o0 Don't worry LastRolo, I've learned my lesson as regards googling medical things!! I'd end up collapsing if I looked them up!! :wv[/quote:25eibkyk] sorry to hijack your thread but I'm so bold and i always google them! hope your back gets better :action32