Anne Cordelia Shirley
Maybe this will help some people! Just reading some threads (including a recent one!) about people's little niggly problems after the wedding day. I have some. A friend turned up late, missing my ceremony, and left early, no real explanation and it still bugs me. Also one really minor things about our venue is still annoying me months down the line, I just realised how much it annoys me when we picked our wedding pics last night. The annoyance came flooding back!
Obviously it doesn't ruin your day or anything like it but those little things are annoying, so get them off your chest here!
Happily Ever After
Fortunately I only have one!! It's quite a big one though.... I had some trouble with the BM dresses and fittings and the girls all ended up having somebody different working on their dresses depending on location etc anyway morning of the wedding we are getting photos taken right before we leave the house and we noticed that the optional shoulder was sewn on the wrong side of one of the dresses!!! At the time I just wanted to get to the church as I was already 10 mins late and I was adamant I didn't want to leave guests waiting too long so we left them be!! BIG mistake as it drives me nuts every time I look at the photos!! it's not noticeable in all of the pictures though which is great apart from that everything went to plan....
Nothing really upset me but the niggly things
- Suit shop sent my dad a shirt and tie instead of a shirt and cravat as they were short a cravat in my colour. Never said a word! Best man went in to pick up a shirt and cravat (guys wore light blue, Dad had a silver grey). The colour difference didn't bother me I just couldn't believe the shop never said anything!
- OHs cousins who were told over and again that their children were not to come to the church sent the girls to the play ground with the au pair BUT bought the newborn boy to the church where he cried through our vows (Ours was a strictly no children wedding)
- The function room was far too hot. The band was excellent and everyone was dancing and the room was boiling. I ended up changing out of my dress after the band as I was far too hot and felt like I was going to collapse.
- My aunts partner pulled his car out behind the bridesmaids car in front of my parents car for the drive to the venue after the church- my mam is still livid over it.
- This didn't bother me at all but one of my BMs sprained her ankle a few days before the wedding and she was freaking out about having to hobble up the aisle.
Oh, this is a good idea!!
I have nothing major now, but again niggly annoying things!!
- Make up artist had a mix up, thought I had cancelled her, but it was someone else and it somehow got mixed up with my booking. Now I wasn't stressed when I rang her to see why she was late, wasn't stressed waiting for her, girls were laughing at how calm I was! And she did a fantastic job on the make up, no argument there. However, when it was time to pay her, she just accepted the full amount, despite the fact that she was there 2 hours less than we had agreed. If she had tried to give some back or something (I still would have paid her the full amount though), but it just left a bad taste in my mouth.
- The band played our first dance off a CD, even though I specifically requested them to sing it live. I remember being vaguely aware of it at the time, but it did bother me watching it back on the DVD.
- The suit shop flipped up too. I asked for teal TIES not cravats to match the BM dresses. I had to go and buy material myself as they couldn't get an exact match. No problem, I did that. Went to collect the suits and he presented me with cravats, which I really don't like and neither does DH. I could have got over that, but when I said it to the owner that I had asked for ties, he tried to claim that I didn't. Only for DH came out of the dressing room at that exact moment saying we had ordered ties there would have been a stand off. And again, even though the service hadn't been provided as agreed, he also took full payment without so much as an offer of a tenner off. And my dad has been using this shop for donkey's years, just felt it was bad form again. I ended up keeping the poxy cravats in the end I said I wasn't handing them back to him to hire to others when I paid for the material myself.
- Once couple were late to the church, which didn't bother me as much as I thought it would, but this guy introduced us, and was meant to be the best man but pulled out a couple of months after being asked. He was mentioned in the ceremony as the priest asked how we met, and the videographer zoomed in on some random face in the crowd.
After posting in the other thread I said Feck it and emailed hotel with a big waffly email about all the things that niggled me - it went onto 4 pages and that was me holding back haha
I got a reply today offering me a 2 night stay with them. I know this is a good offer but I think the way hotels (well mine) make you pay upfront gives you no comeback as I would probably have made my OH say something on the day and try to get some discount as there was sooo many mess ups on their part.
1. The bestman made a cr*p speech, obvious that he didn't sit down and plan it. Plus he didn't mention me once.
2. We almost forgot to cut the cake, it was only a close friend motioned to it as we were all getting up after dinner.
3. Didn't get some photos we really wanted.
4. FIl was an a**, we had to make a little change to who went in what car to the church and Fil kept saying are you sure hubbie will be ok with this change.
5. People not turning up who had RSVP that they were coming, we had 4 no shows, thankfully they were seated at the back of the room so I didn't notice it too much.
6. We had ordered two swans filled with handmade choccies for the tea/coffee/champagne reception, when we arrived they were all gone and I asked my sister had people been taking handfulls but no they were stuffed with grease proof paper and only had a few sweets in them. At the time I was too busy to get onto the company but now it drives me mad thinking about it.( They were very pricey too)
This feels good, thanks for letting me finally get it off my chest.
[quote="frankenbride":154km2zw]After posting in the other thread I said Feck it and emailed hotel with a big waffly email about all the things that niggled me - it went onto 4 pages and that was me holding back haha
I got a reply today offering me a 2 night stay with them. I know this is a good offer but I think the way hotels (well mine) make you pay upfront gives you no comeback as I would probably have made my OH say something on the day and try to get some discount as there was sooo many mess ups on their part.[/quote:154km2zw]
Hi Frankenbride fellow Osprey Bride - How did your big day go? Had ye any problems with them on the day??? loved to know so i can plan ahead?
Magsk sent you a PM you'll have a fab day
for being soo uncomfortable,my god it was so hard to breath,i was in the car holding onto the door handle on the way to the ceremony and i was ready to cry it was so sore..at 10.30 i was considering changing into my day after dress,i dident but i kinda wish i had
i feel better now
oh this is a great idea,iv nothing to bad but a few things are now annoying me..
my dads speech was ,well crap!
it was that short that by the time the bestman had past the mic to him and sat back down it was over,that brings me to the best man,he dident say one word about me,nothing!
its a wee bit annoying but manly because my dad said nothing,
im annoyed at myself for not saying a speech,i was all ready for it too but my husband said such a lovely one that i was a bit chocked up..
im annoyed at my dress
loving this thread.. I have a few of them too. Friends not coming to the ceremoney and then showing up in the hotel and then heading away early with out saying anything. The one that gets me the most is The best man (my new brother in law) didnt pay the band or dvd guy cause he was too busy in the bar drinking with his own friends - DVD came up to me at the break looking for money.. i was so motified by it and his speech was crap way too long and made no sense in some parts. otherwise the day went pretty well.. xxx