Night before wedding................ question???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

april2010 Posts: 344
Hey all Im living at home in Santry and im getting married in Enniskerry which is near enough an hour away id say, so here is my question.......Id like to have the mass at about 12 or 1230 so im wondering should i stay in the hotel the night before?? Id prefere not to becos of money (we are on a tight budget as are most) but im wondering what time will i have to get the hair and makeup out to my house at?? Any advice on this would be really helpful, thanks girls :wv
Twirler Posts: 1644
I'd say you'd be pretty tight timewise to get there for a 12 mass. I've my ceremony at 1 and live 5 mins from the church but still think I'll be tight on time by the time all the bridesmaids get their makeup done
april2010 Posts: 344
Yeh i know im really worried but i really would like to stay at home the night before you know with everyone around me, maybe i coule book the church for 1 and have the hair and make up start at 930 ive only 2 bridesmaids and one is quite young so i dont want her too done up and then prob my mam and h2bs mam, if i plan to have us all fin at 1130 thats alot of time to get the dress on and into the car and on my way hehehehe i hope
cupcakebabe Posts: 2232
If you want to stay at home the night before id book the church for 1 and get as early appointments as possible. Remember to allow a bit of time for any unplanned events. I dont mean anything bad but just incase you are teary or someone visits the house or anything like that.
mrsandmr Posts: 366
Is the reception venue far from the church? I live 10 mins from the church and its about 30 mins from the reception and I'm not having service until 2pm! It just makes much more sense to me - people won't have so much time waiting around and will be able to have lunch beforehand if they want - especially good seeing as we're not doing the canape thing!!!!
MeSB Posts: 3785
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Hiya Im guessing from your username that you are getting married in April. Im also guessing that because your travelling to Enniskerry for the church, your reception venue is down there also? I think at that time of year and if your venue is close that 1pm would be fine. That gives you plenty of time to get ready and leave the house at 12. When you book hair and make up they will tell you the times it will take etc so no need to worry about that. Was there a reason why you wanted to have it at 12? One more thing to consider. From a guests point of view, 12 might be very early. If most of your guests will also be going from the northside of Dublin, 12 o clock might be too early for some. I know personally when I am attending a wedding, we have 2 children so there is the whole getting ready for a wedding part and then getting children ready, bringing them to babysitters etc etc Best of luck with your plans :wv
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
Hi I think 12 is tight too. I am only five mins from my church but getting married at 2. I felt that any earlier was leaving it really tight for me & my 3 BMs to be in to town to get here done & makeup & back home again