'Nighties' for newborns?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
I'm looking for the type of nighties that opens at the bottom for a newborn. Someone told me they are a godsend for night time nappy changes as there's no poppers to mess about with. I've seen them on hipbaby.ie but do any shops in Dublin sell them? They look like this:
Angie Pitt Posts: 12
Poppers will be the least of your worries :o0 Sorry I've never seen them does their feet stay inside it or are they out at the bottom - looks very fiddly to me tbh.
noc Posts: 1802
My sister had a couple of those - she got them as a present from a friend from USA. She thought they were brilliant. In answer to your question Angie, the baby's feet do stay inside because they're very long (supposed to be long enough to go well over the feet) and that's why they have elasticated bottoms. Then you just have to pull them up to get at the baby's nappy. I haven't seen them in any shops here but I ahven't done a lot of baby clothes shopping. Would be interested to know too. Thanks for reminding me about those things Anne Cordelia. Will watch out for them because I think they look useful too.
Angie Pitt Posts: 12
Thanks noc I thought after that yeah it would make sense if they did cover their feet! Dunno know though, I know my dd was an awful wiggler she would have had this up over her head - no joke!
TheNewMrsL Posts: 92
I saw some in TK Maxx. They do look good.
BiaBlasta Posts: 1002
I got in the US, found them very handy. The only place I've seen them here is TK Maxx
ciaraella Posts: 5323
OP i found these online, look a little pricey but very cute! http://www.greenbaby.com/Green+Baby+Pro ... r/list.htm Personally speaking i'd avoid nappy changes at night at all costs, only change when dirty, even if it means putting two nappies on together!
Thanks all, I was in TKMaxx but didn't see any. I think I'll just have to order a couple online!
I found some nice plain white ones on the John Lewis website. They don't deliver to Ireland so my lovely sis is going to get me them and post them over, here's the link if anyone is interested! http://www.johnlewis.com/230591844/Product.aspx
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
Hi I got some of these from tk maxx from a friend! :wv