Menu

NightMare Scenerio!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dulchie Posts: 12
Hi I don't usually post comments, but i feel if i don't channel some of my rage in some way i will lose my marbles. I have two weeks to go to go to my wedding and i have being trying to contact the bridal shop for four days with no luck. Fearing they might have gone bankrupt my H2B actually beat me to the bridal shop to confront the owner. I meanwhile was trying desperately to make it to the little town on the outskirts of Dublin where the shop is in rush hour traffic. H2B said the shop was crowded and he just had to mention my name and the lady ushered him to the hall away from the crowd. She explained to him that she had rang the suppliers and they had no record of the dress she had ordered for me. She had gotten all my messages left by me, my mother and Sister (using my name) but was afraid to ring me back and disappoint me. She even blamed me on leaving it too late 4 and a half months (she didn't say this when taking my deposit and subsequent payment in full) anyway she said she bought another dress for me that i might like, although H2b says she is a lair and doubts that she ever would have returned a call. Her only excuse is she is busy and has 30 weddings this month and would give me back my money if i am unsatisfied I am a very self coconscious shopper being a larger size woman she said she advertised herself as larger size friendly I don't believe she deliberately went out of her way to disappoint me but she made so many promises and made me feel at ease i trusted her and her shop. I am devastated and don't know what to do, I threw my common sense out the window and let myself down.
marianf Posts: 5845
That is a nightmare but at this stage your options are limited and you need a dress!!! Have you tried on the one that she thought you might like? Maybe post in Vendors and Suppliers and one of the shop owners might be able to help you. Best of luck
nelly Posts: 1875
[quote="marianf":2h8tafck] Maybe post in Vendors and Suppliers and one of the shop owners might be able to help you. Best of luck[/quote:2h8tafck] Good idea. I have never seen a bride in her drawers yet so as they say it will be alright on the nite - and don't you dare think of not suing that shop. or paying for a second dress you didn't choose.
Hi Thanks for the advice, I am going to see the other dress this evening but not that optomistic considering the way she handled it, but fingers crossed i can get this sorted quickly.
nelly Posts: 1875
[quote="Dulchie":3l44x13g]Hi Thanks for the advice, I am going to see the other dress this evening but not that optomistic considering the way she handled it, but fingers crossed i can get this sorted quickly.[/quote:3l44x13g] Thats the attitude and bring someone with you - it always helps - preferably someone who can give an objective opinion- otherwise can you get the sample dress cleaned and altered perhaps - it might be worth a look.
baby peanut Posts: 810
I'd go to her shop and demand a dress. She could get one from another supplier maybe? But you say you have paid for this in full? Go to the shop and create a scene, she has to do something to help you out. :o(
Faireez Posts: 973
As already said, post in vendors and suppliers. Also bring someone with you who will be able to give the woman in the shop what for. You'll propably be to stressed and pissed off to tell her your true feelings. I know I would be. Hope it all works out for you.
Dreamster Posts: 6620
I may have a dress that would suit you - pm if you want to see it.
marianf Posts: 5845
[quote="Dulchie":dc3tb4gx]Hi Thanks for the advice, I am going to see the other dress this evening but not that optomistic considering the way she handled it, but fingers crossed i can get this sorted quickly.[/quote:dc3tb4gx] How did you get on Dulchie?
Hi MarianF and everyone Got Sorted!! Hippee, really really happy The girl in shop actually came through in the end, she was so upset at having let me down i did feel sorry for her especially with my mother (who came with me for support) giving her the death scowl look the whole time we were there. She had a couple of options for me one was taking the sample dress i had originally tried on which was way too small and take another dress (supplied from somewhere else) and add on to it. The other option which i went for one was a dress sourced from a competitor which only needed some slight alternations around the problems areas but it was almost identical to the one i had originally picked but more expensive. So I had my alternations done over the weekend and expect to go back for a final fitting some time this week and pick up early next week. However when all is said and done the bridal shop did come through in the end and two lessons i learned through all this is never pay in full for any item until i have it in my hand and the other and probably most important is that my H2B was my proverbial rock through all this even going to the no man zone of a bridal shop (when i was inconsolable on public transport trying to make it to the bridal shop myself) to find out what was happening with my dress, listening to me whimpering on and on and ensuring me everything would be alright . I definitely know i am marrying the right man. Thank you all again for your advice and offer of assistance.