Nintendo DS Healthy Active...is it any good?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Skittlespink Posts: 406
I saw an add on tv for this last night and it looks interesting..Its the one where you get the little pedameter thingy with it.Just wondering does anyone have one and is it worth the money?thank u!
Jeidi Posts: 3128
My next door neighbour got it, she's a sucker for all things gimmicky and she said its kinda boring and she's sorry she got it. If you're looking to spend money get the wii ea active game, its really good!
Thanks..Im thinking twice about getting it now, might just save the money instead!
circus Posts: 34
hi skittlespink did you ever buy this after? i'm seriously thinking about getting it. think the whole counting up the steps you take throughout the day might motivate me to move more! i can't find any reviews on the net on it though and would love to hear if it's any good
scotswedding Posts: 2829
It's very gimmicky alright. My OH got it for me cos I thought it looked good when I saw it on telly. Wish I had a WW pedometer instead. It is good in some ways though that I can track my steps at different parts of the day or depending on what I'm doing. I do still use it but it's a bit annoying with all the crap you have to go through on the DS, is more suited to kids probably. You get two with the pack though so if you could use it competitively with your OH/ kid/ sibling it might be better??
I didnt buy it in the end... Kinda felt like it was one of those things that you use loads at the start and then put away never to be seen again!Im doing lots of walking and aqua aerobics instead!!
circus Posts: 34
thanks girl. i would prob be just better off with a WW pedometer alright. god the advertising on tv just makes me want to buy everything :-8