Nintendo DS

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

meeeeeow Posts: 1349
Do you think that if I keep saying "I like those" everytime the ad comes on the tv he'll cop that I want one??? My birthday is coming up!!! :o)ll :o)ll P.S. Does anyone have one already?? I really like the idea of the Brain Training!!
willful Posts: 6822
I dropped a load of hints about a DS game I want and.......now I'm getting it for Chrimbo :hyper: Brain training is great and really addictive! It actually is worth the money IMO but he'd want to get tthe hint quick to get one at a good price-my mum's having trouble finding a pink one for my lil sis that isn't crazy expensive!
lil-star Posts: 3149
i loove love love my ds, brain training helped me remember alot of things and improved my memory. super mario is the best game ever and you can get addictive card games for it!!
Thanks girls!!! I'll get him on the case... didn't realise there were different colours!!! Nicole Kidman has really sold it for me! On another note... Lil-star, heading down your direction (well almost!) this weekend to check out Markree Castle. You're getting hitched in Beelek aren't ya?? I think we might try to swing by and check it out too! Did you look at Markree at all?
lil-star Posts: 3149
No it was always Belleek for me, Markee was just that bit too far away and sure i only live 2 minutes away from Belleek, no question!
Judy Posts: 612
Really want 1 off Santy r they really in short supply and can anyone tell me the differ between the Ds and DS lite
I *think* that the DS Lite is the newer version... smaller and lighter?? Open to correction!!!
DS just means dual screen so I [i:2f9ukwkd]think[/i:2f9ukwkd] a ds is just a gameboy but a ds lite is the brain trainingy one-open to correction though!
God I'm sad.... I "Wiki'd" it!!! Nintendo DS Lite Main article: Nintendo DS Lite The Nintendo DS LiteThe Nintendo DS Lite is a slimmer, more lightweight redesign of the original Nintendo DS model. It was made aesthetically sleeker to complement Nintendo's Wii and to appeal to broader commercial audiences.[citation needed] It was announced on January 26, 2006, more than a month before its first territorial launch in Japan on March 2, 2006.[53] The features and capabilities are the same as the original style DS, but the DS Lite has four levels of brightness. However, the four levels do not include a level where the backlight is off, thus making the system more vulnerable to glare. The sound seems to be fuller and richer, yet the battery life is longer. Unlike the casing of the original style DS, the DS Lite has a shiny glossy semi-transparent outside casing that resembles the popular iPod and Apple MacBook. The LED battery and charging light indicators have been moved to the upper right-hand corner of the unit, making it viewable regardless of whether the system is open or closed. The "start" and "select" buttons have been moved to the lower right-hand side of the touchscreen, the microphone has been moved to the direct center of the opened device, and the A, B, X, Y, and D-Pad seem to have been designed to match the Wii and Game Boy Micro.[54] Another improvement is the longer and thicker stylus, significantly reducing the amount of hand cramps as its users use it extensively throughout gameplay. Along with the other advancements, the Game Boy port of the DS Lite is shorter than the original style DS's port. When inserted, the Game Boy Advance cartridge protrudes out approximately 1cm from under the unit. Also, the charger connector is smaller, so a different charger must be used.
Oh-I stand corrected! :o0