Nipples going white

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hi another nipple question from me. :-8 Getting shooting pains in left boob - particularly in nipple. I had it this morning and when i looked at my nipple it was white. :ooh Not the aerole (sp) just the actual nipple. Is it getting ready to produce milk or what? My gp is on hols until Monday. Thanks.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
The tips of my nipple are white too,it must be the milk..
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
I've noticed that in the shower too a few times and can't be sure if it's just dry skin or something else. Possibly is some minor discharge! But it washes off easily. I wouldn't worry too much although do mention to your doc when he/she's back.
Thanks girls. SM i have a lot of dry skin on my nipple even though i use cream on it everyday but it was the nipple itself that was white as if there was no blood getting to it - iykwim.
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Hmmm, that seems a little strange alright, best of get it checked out. Oh the joys of pregnancy eh? :o0
Thats it you feel a bit silly asking doc about all this stuff cos you just find out its all part and parcel but i dont know what to expect. I was saying to DH last night some girls get really bad MS, puking day and night and the consultant says "sure thats what happens when you get pregnant" i said if you werent pregnant and it was a bug you would be in hospital, off work and have people minding you, but no your pregnant so just get on with it. :o0
Dairy Queen Posts: 3707
I'm only eight weeks and the tips of my nipples have been white for about a week now. I know they look like they have no circulation, I just assumed it was par for the course.
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:3l9fqw88]The tips of my nipple-a-roos go white from time to time too!! It's totally normal!![/color:3l9fqw88]
ginger nut Posts: 5989
[quote="NotLongToGo":1p9nwrx5] I was saying to DH last night some girls get really bad MS, puking day and night and the consultant says "sure thats what happens when you get pregnant" [b:1p9nwrx5]i said if you werent pregnant and it was a bug you would be in hospital, off work and have people minding you, but no your pregnant so just get on with it. [/b:1p9nwrx5]:o0[/quote:1p9nwrx5] i find that so strange too - any other time of your life that you were that sick (i vomited almost constantly and lost 6kg in the first 10 weeks of pregnancy) you'd be taking time off work at the very least, if not admitted to hospital for drips etc.
Well girls just back from docs and all is well. I asked her about the nipples going white and she had never heard of it. I also said about the bumps on them (not on the aerola but on the actual nipple), i had to show her them and she said it was the ducts getting larger and seperating into like little islands. So completely normal, she said ill probably start leaking milk soon too. Only one more week to 20 week scan. :o)ll