No baby plans yet - Could i get pregnant ?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

WifeZilla Posts: 1222
Good morning all - Just a general question that I've been thinking about this morning. Myself and h2b are marrying next Sept 2007 and have no plans to TTC until after the wedding. To be extra safe, we're using condoms and I'm on the pill....BUT yesterday we ended up throwing caution to the wind and got fearly passionate during the Dublin game ( :oops: ) and had an afternoon of rumpy, without any condoms. Now i'm thinking i'm worrying over nothing as I'm protected wtih the pill and take them correctly every day. I was on antibiotics 2 weeks ago but kept using condoms at the same time just in case the pill wasn't that effective. What do you think? Up to a year ago, I was on the pill for years and we never used anything with them and didn't get caught while on the pill... ARRRGH my head!!
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
hi bridey widey, they say that some antibiotics do affect the pill (not sure which ones tho!) -might be worth asking your doc or looking it up on the net to put your mind at ease. if they were the type not to affect the pill , you should be safe as houses if you take your pill regularly. good luck with it!
grumpy Posts: 1280
Antibiotics do affect the pill, so you need to be on "safe" alert up untill 7 days after last antibiotic was taken. Why are you so worried about getting pregnant? I was on the pill for years, and used it as my only contraception (except at unsafe times) without any worries. If you are taking it properly, its 99.something% effective.
I know what you mean grumpy, i reckon i'm just being paranoid. I'd love a little sprog but would prefer after we were married, that's all. If it did happen that we had a baba before our wedding, it'd be 3 months old and i could always get a spandex wedding dress to hold the old baby curves! It's gas isn't it 'cos we spend most of our teens and 20 something years trying not to get pregnant and once we're married we ditch the contraception and are like mad yokes ttc...never ceases to amaze me. Not gonna bother wasting time in a docs getting the morning after pill 'cos i spoke to her and she said i should be fine.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I know its the paranoid feeling Bridey-we spend half our lives trying not to get pg and the other half trying too,you should be fine,don't worry yourself. I was LOL :lol: pity you missed the match yesterday :lol:
Well kinda saw bits of the match between clothes flying off, limbs and dangly bits blocking my view, haha! Have to say though, it was the best bit of sex i've had in a long time. I was thinking we were getting a bit boring in the auld sack but by jeysyus I think we're back to our winning ways again, wey hey!! :D :D :D :D
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
hey yes antibiotics affect the pill, if you stopped 2 weeks ago and used extra protection you should be fine, im on the pill as we dont use condoms hasnt failed yet.
Joleigh Posts: 4242
I'd say you'll be fine.
Sart Posts: 441
when you think about how difficult it is to actually get pregnant I'm sure you'll be fine. there's such a small window to actually conceive. Don't worry, I'm sure your well covered with the pill. Do you know where in your cycle you are? If you're past ovulation then you have nothing to worry about.
Well my period finished around the 25th and you normally ovulate about 2 weeks before your next period which I think brings the ovulation date to sometime next week so i'm probably good.