No holiday deals to be found anymore :(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

DublinGirl Posts: 1307
I am so fed up like everyone else with the sitty weather and the constant bloody rain. Hubby and I weren't going to go anywhere sunny this year as we went away last year(first sun hol in 6years) and can't really afford to go away again but this weather is depressing the sugar outta me. We are both reconsidering but I have scoured every available holiday website over the last few days and can find no deals for 2 adults & 2 kids gggrrrr! the holiday market is really taking advantage of the sh!te weather and peoples misery and if anything have increased their prices. Anyone else find holidays gone ridiculously expensive lately?
streaks Posts: 3592
Did you try aerlingus.ie? They do good package holidays, displayed on the top right of the screen and I think they are very competitive. Don't blame you for wanting out, today is just so depressing with all this rain :weep
xxxbabyxxx Posts: 226
I would have found this hard to believe if I hadn't have had this exact conversation with a friend of mine. She was moaning that she couldn't find a package holiday for 2 adults and two kids anywhere with a half decent standard of accommodation for less than 4k for 10 days. I'd use the internet alot more than she would so I said I'd do a trawl for her over the space of a few days when I'd free time and lo and behold nothing, zilch, zero, nada for less than 4k :eek Have the cheaper hols been snapped up a year in advance or have prices really not come down???
SookieStackhouse Posts: 3135
Not been looking abroad but spent all last night trying to find a deal somewhere in Ireland and not a bloody thing to be found.
Littlebo Posts: 2598
Well we were just talking about this in work yesterday and I just wouldn't believe the girls so I went on to the internet last night and as soon as I started on Ryan Air I couldn't believe the prices. The first return flight to Tenerife for under €200 per person is November 21st! Yes, no question about it they are taking advantage of the bad weather and obviously bookings are way up and so yielding their rates accordingly. Dublin girl if I find anything I will tell you. Haven't done a Package holiday in years but am going to Cyprus the end of September and that was €580 per Adult including transfers. Now I must go searching.....
vidia Posts: 2960
There are no deals as such this summer, they know people are dying for some sun! Flights to Majorca for approx E1500 for the 4 of ye: May get cheaper if you play around with the flight times or check Ryan Air. http://www.aerlingus.com/cgi-bin/obel01 ... Flight.jsp Apt in Majorca, loads of options: http://www.discounttravel.ie/fusion/dis ... ey=default Hope you find something..
Shells Bells Posts: 650
I regularly get emails from carefree travel in Enniskillen. They do a lot of deals for 2adults & 2 kids, I've seen them for under 2 grand. Not sure if they are for certain dates though. I'd definitely recommend phoning them cos their website isn't great. They have flights from dub & Belfast. I've booked many hols with them, including HM, and find them great everytime. Best of luck.
Livinginhope Posts: 421
[quote="SookieStackhouse":1f8g04z6]Not been looking abroad but spent all last night trying to find a deal somewhere in Ireland and not a bloody thing to be found.[/quote:1f8g04z6] Try travelrepublic.ie we got 3 nights b&b and 3 evening meals for 422euro for a hotel in Cork.
vidia Posts: 2960
[quote="Livinginhope":30ir3s2x][quote="SookieStackhouse":30ir3s2x]Not been looking abroad but spent all last night trying to find a deal somewhere in Ireland and not a bloody thing to be found.[/quote:30ir3s2x] Try travelrepublic.ie we got 3 nights b&b and 3 evening meals for 422euro for a hotel in Cork.[/quote:30ir3s2x] That's a great deal Livinginhope. I get great offers emailed to me from Dealrush.ie. Sign up with them, you might get lucky..
SookieStackhouse Posts: 3135
[quote="vidia":8lrcd797][quote="Livinginhope":8lrcd797][quote="SookieStackhouse":8lrcd797]Not been looking abroad but spent all last night trying to find a deal somewhere in Ireland and not a bloody thing to be found.[/quote:8lrcd797] Try travelrepublic.ie we got 3 nights b&b and 3 evening meals for 422euro for a hotel in Cork.[/quote:8lrcd797] That's a great deal Livinginhope. I get great offers emailed to me from Dealrush.ie. Sign up with them, you might get lucky..[/quote:8lrcd797] That is a good deal. Usually you only get one meal with these packages. Will have a look.