No lemon bon bons! Boo hoo!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

DublinGirl Posts: 1307
Oh girls, why is it, whenever I crave something really bad, I can never get it? O:| It's so frustrating. I was driving home in my car with DH and DD and all of a sudden I pulled into the nearest garage and told hubby to run in and get me a bag of lemon bon bons. I had to have 'em!!! Really weird. He was looking at me like I had 2 heads. I haven't eaten these in years. Anyway he came out and said they only had strawberry ones :o( so off I went to another garage on the search for lemon bon bons. Hubby had a face on him cause he wanted to get home and have his dinner and I was like a demon cause the likelyhood of me getting my lemon bon bons was looking slim. :eek Pulled into the second garage and same thing again. :o( :o( Only strawberry ones. I could've gone in and strangled the poor fella standing behind the counter. I was like a demon. I can't explain the longing I had. If I had seen one chewed up on the ground I would've picked it up and eaten it. :o0 :o0 I was demented!!! He He. Anyway I went home nearly in tears cause I couldn't get them and hubby was like 'you'll be grand, you can manage without them'. Men they don't understand. I feel like an eejit today though. :-8 :-8 Craving is gone again. I'd say hubby is on tenterhooks, dreading his lift home this evening wondering what it's going to be tonight. :o0 :o0 Just had to share my moment of madness with ye all!!! :wv :wv
oirish Posts: 1541
hehe dubingirl your so funny :o0 Nothing worse when you get a craving and it won't go away !! I always thought a craving would be for the same thing over and over again but i'm finding it will be a sudden longing for something !! yesterday I got a gra for corn on the cob. Couldn't stop thinking about it. Made dh stop at Dunnes and in I went and bought my corn on the cob. Came home and put 2 on - dh went to the dentist. So I ate mine - real butter, black pepper, god it was soooooo good. Then sat in the living room and all I could think about was that other corn sitting all buttery and hot waiting to be eaten, so I figured dh wouldn't mind if I had a little bit of it - then a little more - pretty soon i'd polished his off as well :o0 (and they weren't the mini ones either they were the normal ones!!)
Hi Oirish :wv Glad I'm not the only demented pregnant woman on this website. Ha Ha!!! :o0 :o0 Glad things are going well for ya too. Read your previous posts. I'm so delighted for you. Are hubby's are going to have to put up with our madness for a while longer me thinks!!! :wv :wv
And rightly so !! Didn't they get us into this predicament ;)
He He!!!! :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 (",)
Topolino Posts: 1659
I was just reading about cravings! Toffee (bon-bons) seems to be a popular craving! So is corn for some reason. Have you looked into why you're craving these things? Cravings usually mean you're lacking something, like iron or calcium. Also another urban myth is that if you "crave" sweet things, you're having a girl!
i must be having one of each so in the last 2 weeks i've craved in turn sugary shortbread and mashed potatoes and then corn yesterdy :o0
Topolino Posts: 1659
[quote:1r4gk9e4]i must be having one of each so in the last 2 weeks[/quote:1r4gk9e4] You just might be Oirish. one might have been hiding behind the other at the scan! I've had no cravings! Don't know whether to be glad or not!
fantac Posts: 4109
[quote="oirish":se2ndm6g]hehe dubingirl your so funny :o0 Nothing worse when you get a craving and it won't go away !! I always thought a craving would be for the same thing over and over again but i'm finding it will be a sudden longing for something !! yesterday I got a gra for [b:se2ndm6g]corn on the cob. [/b:se2ndm6g]Couldn't stop thinking about it. Made dh stop at Dunnes and in I went and bought my corn on the cob. Came home and put 2 on - dh went to the dentist. So I ate mine - real butter, black pepper, god it was soooooo good. Then sat in the living room and all I could think about was that other corn sitting all buttery and hot waiting to be eaten, so I figured dh wouldn't mind if I had a little bit of it - then a little more - pretty soon i'd polished his off as well :o0 (and they weren't the mini ones either they were the normal ones!!)[/quote:se2ndm6g] hi oirish - i have been eating these for WEEKS - also tins of green giant niblets or whatever they'er called, think i had 3 one day cravings got so bad. we now have almost a whole freezer shelf for corn on eth cob - yum yum. i presume its good for you too? being veg and all that??
[quote="Topolino":22wnj96j][quote:22wnj96j]i must be having one of each so in the last 2 weeks[/quote:22wnj96j] You just might be Oirish. one might have been hiding behind the other at the scan! ![/quote:22wnj96j] oh lordy I don't think so - I'l be very grateful for one littler at a time :) But sure as you said, you just never know :) airyfairy course they are good for you - full of fibre to keep you regular and very low in fat (before the real butter obviously :o0