No Maternity Pay & Job Unsafe

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Pumpernickle Posts: 206
I just found out that I won't be getting my maternity pay for the 4 months I was expecting. The company I work for changed their policy and if thats not bad enough it's looking less likely that I'll have a job to return to..... Oh well.... :o(
Emme Posts: 4735
I'm sorry to hear that pumpernickle, it's all very crappy for nearly everyone at the moment. Hope you manage to have a good weekend anyway.
MaltaMammy Posts: 853
Sorry to hear about your job pumpernickle, it's tough times for all of us unfortunately. At least you will still get the state maternity benefit which is better than nothing at all. Fingers crossed your job will be ok!
obbride Posts: 111
oh god, can they do that. i suppose they can, but it's just i know that 3 years ago, i took my job, and have stayed since because they had paid maternity leave and other benifits, and even in planning a baby, that safety net makes a big difference. to just take it away is horrible, even if they made it a new policy for new pregancies instead of including those already pregnant. really feel for you, hopefully you get to at least keep your job, or maybe even find something better during your maternity leave. Best of luck!
Thanks girls - ye're very supportive!! I'm going to try not to worry about it - what can I do :-8 Looking forward to my Valentines weekend away with hubby even more now!!!
Mrsexcited Posts: 927
'm sorry to hear that pumpernickle. but as you said enjoy your weekend away now with DH. hope it is really special.
Shorti3 Posts: 404
[quote="Pumpernickle":12t9q3wl]I just found out that I won't be getting my maternity pay for the 4 months I was expecting. The company I work for changed their policy and if thats not bad enough it's looking less likely that I'll have a job to return to..... Oh well.... :o([/quote:12t9q3wl] Pumpernickle i dont think they can do that on you hun, id ring NERA or a good Citizens Info Office and check
Shorti, I made some enquiries about this and apparently they are within their rights to change their policy. I hadn't had them sign off my maternity benefit forms yet..... It's a small business (no HR dept) with only 8 employees and it's looks like they could end up closing down entirely which is why I might not have a job to return to...... On the bright side, DH took me away for a nice relaxing weekend....really enjoyed it and tried not to think of work :o(