No Movement or kicks???

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Yummy Mummy Posts: 138
Starting to get a bit worried, had scan yesterday and everything was fine, baby is usually very lively, but calmed down for the scan and only felt a few movements all day yesterday, now nothing so far today, am i being silly or should I be worried?
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Yummy, how far gone are you? (Your ticker seems to have a problem) I'd call your Dr. if you're worried, but hopefully some of the other Mums can give you more advice as I'm a first time and in the very early stages.
Hepburn Posts: 4081
How far along are you yummy mummy... I would call the hospital and talk to a midwife to see what she thinks. It is probably nothing...just baby having a lazy day. Have you tried having a very cold drink?
Im 20 weeks 4 days, yes had cold drink this morning, its my first baby so i really dont know what to think....
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
If you can Yummy Mummy, lie down flat and very still and drink something REALLY COLD or even something fizzy that should get bab going again, if your still not happy phone the hospital.
minibride Posts: 74
Yummy Mummy, was just about to post the same thing - normally I'm woken with kicks/movement first thing in the morning, but today baby is very quiet - was quite active yesterday - I think they say that they have their on/off days just like us - I try to do the "10 movements a day" rule but find it hard sometimes to distingush tummy rumbles/wind from actual movements - though kicks are slightly different are quite obvious. I am going to see how the day goes and not panic yet - see how things are later in the evening and my hosp told me if I was worried to call them and they'll bring you in and hook you up to a monitor to test the heartrate. Try not to worry too much, am sure if had scan yesterday everything is fine! I dont have another one till next Monday.
Hepburn Posts: 4081
I also notice that if I sit slouched forward rather than with my back against the chair baba starts moving....it must get a bit cramped or something.
Thanks girls, Ill try that and if nothing happens ill call the hospital this evening thanks a million :-)
elmar06 Posts: 201
Remind me again pls of when you start getting movements/kicks, etc....(with 2 kids you'd think I'd remember but my brain has already turned to mush and can just about remember my name) Sorry for hijacking...
Ducky Posts: 2506
The average time for movement on a first baby is around 22 weeks but many feel it way before then. I had early movement but do remember some quiet days between 20-22 weeks. I find babs will always jump about after eating something with sugar or lying on my back for a minute