no movement

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Midlands Mum Posts: 871
Girls haven't felt the baby move in two days. The last time i felt it move was thurs morning i had terrible cramps all day thurs and thurs night with Diarrohea (sp) sorry tmi and was vomiting also. So i assumed i picked up a bug going around. But now Im really worried that i haven't felt anything. Dh keeps says babs is just asleep, but Im worried. Any suggestions?
baby4me Posts: 455
hi mummy06 i hav had a few occasions with reduced movements and went to the emergency room where they always scanned me and checked bub and was so reassurring!! they told me if i ever worried just pop in so my advise wud be either ring them or else go straight in so bub can be checked put ur mind at ease :xxx
Dootsay Posts: 958
Mummy06 I'm a June mammy aswell and I sometimes feel little flicks, not constantly just the odd times, more so when I'm at work sitting down for long periods of time. Maybe if you take it easy for an hour or so? sounds like you've had a rotten bug too so if you get some more rest maybe babs will get active again. How are you feeling now? any better?
baby peanut Posts: 810
Can you ring the maternity unit and talk to a midwife and she might put your mind at rest?
delgirl Posts: 1706
Hi Mummy06 - sorry to hear of your worry. I would go straight to either your gp and they could listen to the heartbeat or head in to the pregnancy unit and ask them to check you over. You will only worry otherwise and make yourself feel worse.
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Try drinking a glass of really cold water. Sometimes that works. But don't wait any longer to get checked. Your GP even can check for the fetal heartbeat. I'm sure baby will be fine.
mammybean Posts: 10364
They do say if you dont feel any movement to go in and get checked so i wold definately do this. When in hospital they told a girl beside me to go and drink and glass of ice cold water or lucozade (i suppose cos the lucozade maes the baby hyper) go up to her bedroom lie on the bed in the dark in complete silence wth her hands on her belly. stay there for an hour and see what happens. but definately go to your nearest maternity unit and get checked out
oirish Posts: 1541
when I was very sick with a flu over christmas, the baby deffo quitened down a lot, felt hardly any movement, they do respond to your moods. I would try the very cold glass of water or even a diet coke, lie down somewhere nice and quiet for a while and focus on your tummy. Chances are its moving around plenty in there and is just more towards your back than front so you can't feel it as much.
Mrs. Taz Posts: 1216
Try not to worry, baby maybe moving at night and you wouldn't feel it. It is better to get checked out. I had to get checked out during the last few weeks of my pregnancy. They will put you on a monitor that will pick up movement. I couldn't believe the little one started kicking to her hearts content. :-8 Its always better to get checked out and put your mind at rest. I would ring the maternity unit and they will arrange for you to come in a.s.a.p
Midlands Mum Posts: 871
ok girls ive been holding out all day waiting for the kick. But didnt feel anything tried the cold water but didnt feel anything. So decided to give in and ring the maternity ward the nurse said to drink a glass of cold water and lie still for a while. So i sat on the couch with water in my hand and im sure i just felt a little thud, seems further in the back than normal. Usually i feel them low down. Maybe babs has just moved position and im not feeling it. gonna hold off for another few hours and if i dont feel anything definate then i might go into the hosp just to make sure. Let the kicking begin..!!!