no movement.....Update felt movement!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

my turn to tcc! Posts: 62
Hi girls, I will be 20 weeks on fri and other than having a faint flutter on week 18 I have felt nothing (as far as I can tell) This is my first pregnancy so everything is so new and worrying. I was in for a nurses appointment last week and they checked the heartbeat and baby was beating away like mad, so I guess I'm worring over nothing, my husband says I am anyway!! But still I can't help it. Have another nurses appointment next week but don't have my scan till I'm nearly 23weeks. Sorry for the rambling but I'm just a bit worried. At what stage did you feel movement on your first pregnancy? Update......Yippie I felt our baby move last night. Was lying on my side reading in bed then I moved over onto my back and bam straight away, he was moving away, wasn't totally sure first but it continued and I knew it was him saying hello. I woke DH up and then we couldn't go back to sleep with all the excitement...I guess this is the start of the sleepless nights!!! Thanks for all the support last week girls X
Fairywings Posts: 360
my turn to tcc!, don't panic. I was the exact same as you on my first pregnancy. I felt slight flutters at 18 wks but then nothing till 22 weeks. Its normal on your first for it to take that long. You probably are having movement and didn't realise what it was. Once the heartbeat can be heard, then thats the reassurance you need. Another few weeks and you'll be getting plenty of kicks
milis Posts: 7998
I can't remember exactly when I felt it, but I had a doctors app at 20 weeks, and wasn't sure if I'd felt kicks at that stage. Could hear some on the doppler in the doctors, but felt none of them! Don't worry about it, once the baby's heart is beating, (s)he's fine! Some babies don't move that much anyway, Dh's aunt was telling me one of hers barely kicked at all!
funkyfish Posts: 7626
i get days where it kicks like mad and other days when i feel nothing, had scan yesterday and baby was moving, stretchingm yawning away in there and i didn't feel a thing, its normal to worry this is the start of a life time of worry!
funkyfish Posts: 7626
i get days where it kicks like mad and other days when i feel nothing, had scan yesterday and baby was moving, stretching yawning away in there and i didn't feel a thing, its normal to worry this is the start of a life time of worry!
naughtybutnice Posts: 1858
with first pregnancy I didn't feel any movements until I was 21 weeks or there abouts so don't panic. once the heart is beating away all is fine. You'll soon be feeling lots of kicks. enjoy
yikesJune08 Posts: 395
Hi at my 20 week scan I wasn't sure if I was really feeling anything at all or if it was just wind but over the next few weeks after that it got much more obvious and now I can feel teh baby every day an dduring the night, try not to worry, the main thing is that the heartbeat was there! Yikes
LMR Posts: 1925
Often in a first preganancy women don't notice the kicks or movements until they become more defined. Whilst I felt movements quite early it was at least 22-23 weeks before they graduated from flutters to real 'kicks' and you really know when you feel them. If you're very worried look to your mw or call the hospital. If nothing else it will set your mind at ease, but rest assured at this point its not uncommon to not notice/feel movement.
Nadie Posts: 1111
I'm the exact same as you! I'll be 20 weeks on Thursday and still haven't felt a thing. I thought I felt it yesterday and got so excited, but then realised the flutters I was feeling were just below my bust and the baby is still below the belly button, so it must have been one of those pulses you sometimes get. Was devastated when I realised it couldn't be the baby. So I'm just trying now to not worry, as the girls say it can be 22 weeks, so another 2 weeks before panic stations... Do update and let us know when you first feel something
my turn to tcc! Posts: 62
Thanks girls for all your support, it is great to know I'm not the only one out there who is not feeling major kicks. If another person asks me "I suppose the baby is moving mad at this stage"? I'm going to kick them myself!!! When you say "no" then they look at you like O something must be wrong. Why can't people mind there own flipping business!!! Sorry just a little rant there!! Thanks again girls and best of luck to you all x