No movements - 38+ weeks pregnant

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

newbie24 Posts: 530
Hi ladies... I'm looking for tips on how to make sure movements are happening... sounds strange I know, but I've not felt anything for about 24 hours now, been up most of the night drinking ice cold water, then had chocolate afterwards, just had an ice-lly, been doing a fair bit of lying down flat on my back.... and I'm not feeling anything?? I've tried calling HS 4 times this morning and it's engaged... should I just go straight in????? Just concerned....
Little Boss Posts: 131
Read somewhere on here before to try drinking fizzy drinks???????? you could try that????
Anon - Please help Posts: 203
Drink some lucozade, coke or ice cold orange juice. If still nothing then head straight in. Babs tend to go very quite just before labour starts so maybe have your bags with you! O:o)
Thanks girls, will run to the shop round the corner and get lucozade and try that.... then if nothing, I'll head in....
CrappityCrap Posts: 1468
If you are worried at all hon I would just head straight in. Try the fizzy drink, you could also try blasting some music against bump and see if that will wake baby up :zzzz:
lcarrick Posts: 1639
Did it work? hope all is ok! :action32
dottie2011 Posts: 113
Newbie24 - I would head into Holles Street just to put your mind at rest and they will do a tracing of babys heartbeat! Let us know how you get on!
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
for your own peace of mind, go and get yourself checked petal, hope ur ok. did u get some lucozade :xxx
Just had a bottle of lucozade and felt one small roll, but thats it.... I think i'm going to head in just in case? I don't want to seen like a crazy lady and heading in if all is ok, does that make sense?? This has been my first fizzy drink all pregnancy, so I was expecting the baby to go nuts to be honest !! Thanks for all your replies..... really appreaciated !
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
they wont think u are crazy in the least, go in and get yourself checked petal, let us know how it goes :wv