No movment yet at 16 weeks ;o(

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

StylishB Posts: 143
Hi all Mums to Be, I am 16 weeks today and have not felt movement, is this quite normal ? I am 10 stone at present and am dying to feel baby move - its my 2nd baby :eek
spanish mum Posts: 2468
i know someone who is similar weight, on 2nd baby and is nearly 19 weeks and still not feeling any movement! she went to dr at around your stage and heard heartbeat on doppler, and was told that even though most are feeling the movements by now on their 2nd, some dont until at least 20 weeks.
jelly beans Posts: 170
hi StylishB, i'm 22 weeks and only just feeling movement the last couple of weeks. consultant told me at 17 week appointment that some people will tell you that they had felt movement by now, but most people dont feel anything until at least 20 weeks.
upyaboyaa Posts: 819
Hi hon try not to worry when I was pregnant with ds I only felt movement around 23 weeks. If u are worried go to ur gp and he/she will use a doopler to hear the heart beat.
mommylicious Posts: 836
Oh gosh you're very early, is it your 1st? If so they say between 20-23 weeks for movement, I felt my 1st at about 17 weeks, but at that it was only fleeting, didn't get "proper" movements til about 20 weeks. But then if you are worried, go to doc, they won't mind and its best if your not stressing.
StylishB Posts: 143
Ah thanks girls, i have made an appointment for doc tomorrow at 3pm so will she be able to hear heartbeat with the doppler at 16 weeks ??? I really hope she can - i am a born worrier :eek
mommylicious Posts: 836
Oh good girl, best to put your mind at rest. She will be able to heartbeat no bother at 16 weeks, and tell you his/her heartrate. Let us know how you get on!
Anonmama Posts: 239
I haven't felt anything yet either, try not to worry.
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
I know its your second baby, but 16 weeks is still very early hun. I did a poll here and the average person felt baby move (albeit didnt specify if it was their first baby or not), and the average timeframe was 19 weeks to feel baby move.
BiaBlasta Posts: 1002
I'm almost 17 weeks and haven't felt anything yet. I was at doc today and she says that's very normal and most people don't feel anything til at least 20+ weeks.