No one is perfect...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

blacksheep Posts: 141
Following on from the 'eating' thread in Let off steam, what annoying habits or mannerisms do you have that might annoy you're collegues, family or friends. Sometimes I sigh a lot for no reason especially in work! I also say 'ok' randomly to myself when finishing a task or starting one or trying to give myself a kick up the butt, this even puzzles me as I have no idea where it came from! When transfering calls I sometimes forget the persons name I know I should jot it down but I forget to do that also! When I'm in a meeting I constantly shuffle about on the chair, my collegues must think I have ants in my pants but I just can't sit still. At home I always have to turn a light on when I walk into a room even if there is absolutely no need for it, I know this drives my hubbie mad! I'm sure there are other things I do that I don't realise but they are the ones I am aware of!
Genegirl Posts: 2110
Just thought off one that i know makes h2b laugh a lot If we are in bed and the duvet is really messy and more on one side than the other (now now girls) I would have to get up and give it a good shake (again - now now girls)!
Jawl Posts: 8881
What do you mean?? I'm perfect!!! :o0
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I bite my nails. Now I wouldn't routinely do it in front of an audience of people but I do go at them :hic . I'm forever blowing my nose. I'm paranoid about having an icky runny nose, even in Summer. :duh: I have a habit of saying to Dh when I'm fed up "Don't do me any favours". It drives him spare. I push the car door out with my foot. I've marked the inside of the car from it (tut tut!) When we're at the beach I'm conscious that I tend to kick sand when I walk. Whatever way I walk I seem to scoop sand with my feet and fling it. God I sound awful :weep
Pricetag Posts: 1306
[quote="blacksheep":1hk67e6w]Following on from the 'eating' thread in Let off steam, what annoying habits or mannerisms do you have that might annoy you're collegues, family or friends. Sometimes I sigh a lot for no reason especially in work! I also say 'ok' randomly to myself when finishing a task or starting one or trying to give myself a kick up the butt, this even puzzles me as I have no idea where it came from! When transfering calls I sometimes forget the persons name I know I should jot it down but I forget to do that also! When I'm in a meeting I constantly shuffle about on the chair, my collegues must think I have ants in my pants but I just can't sit still. At home I always have to turn a light on when I walk into a room even if there is absolutely no need for it, I know this drives my hubbie mad! I'm sure there are other things I do that I don't realise but they are the ones I am aware of![/quote:1hk67e6w] Eh....Are you me????!!!!!! I do all those things! Not really the light thing but sighing, the ok, the forgetting ppls names!!!!!
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
I say 'do you know what I mean' a lot. A LOT! Do you know what I mean? I annoy myself with that one. I kick all the blankets off at night, I hate to be too hot, that annoys H2B. I scoff my food. Not noisily now or with my mouth open, but I eat really really fast! H2B won't have a quarter of his dinner gone and I'm sitting there looking at him. Oh, I'm sure I'll think of a few more!!
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Apparently I'm always making faces when I talk - I don't know why or what they look like but H2B often comments on them :-8 (that makes me sound like some sort of demented clown doesn't it?)
IvytheTerrible Posts: 950
My favourite phrase is "no bother", I say it all the time, "yeah I'll do that, no bother". Also DH mocks me when I don't hear him say something and I'll turn around and say what, but my mouth goes up on one side :-8 female Elvis :-8 I also twirl and play with my hair a lot as it's curly and constantly in knots.
peacockgirl Posts: 1312
cupcakebabe Posts: 2232
I hate that i start every diet going and within 2 weeks im fed up and just end up putting back on anything i lost and going back to eating bad again! O:|