no symptoms at 5 weeks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sphynx Posts: 6795
Hi again girls, Just wondering if this is normal! I'm only 5 weeks gone so it's early days yet, but I have NO symptoms whatsoever (except that I've been singing a lot more in the shower (even before I knew) - possibly an effect of the hormones?! :lol: ). Should I be worried? Don't get me wrong, I'm not wishing I had morning sickness (but I guess it would at least confirm to my neurotic mind that I really am pregnant!) Anyone else with a similar experience?
Purple Tulip Posts: 3442
when i first found out i was pregnant at about 4wks the only symptoms i had was my boobs were a bit bigger, i did'nt start to feel sick until 6 or 7 wks, so i would just count your blessings you will be sick for long enough!!
miss sixty Posts: 467
Ah dont complain.........plenty of girls spend the first trimester hanging over the toilet bowl! Seriously tho, I can see your point - our minds can play havoc with us sometimes.........imagining all sorts doin' our nuts in. Try to relax and enjoy feeling so well. When is your scan? That will put your mind to rest.
oh I know you're right! Maybe if I just got sick once I'd feel relieved :lol: No sign of the breasts getting any bigger either just yet (darn!) My scan will be in week 12, so I've a bit to wait yet. Can you tell much from that first scan? hard to imagine....
HappyGirl Posts: 113
[color=indigo:jq5n1h13]Hi BlackCat I'm 5 weeks tomorrow and I'm exactly the same as you - no symptoms whatsoever. Don't know whether to be worried or grateful, so have decided just to put it out of my mind and think positive :). I'm also on a high like you :). I keep hearing about the terrible hormonal mood swings and fights with hubbies and I have him prepared, but so far nothing except happiness :). Super tiredness hasn't really hit in either, slightly more tired and a bit light headed occasionally, but that's it. Boobs were sore for a day last week, and a tiny bit sore again today, so have decided to take that as all the sign I need... we may be bemoaning the symptoms soon enough! :) Best of luck HG [/color:jq5n1h13]
Garfield Posts: 89
Hi, I had very few symptoms until week 6. Then they all kicked in and i would really love to be back in week 5 when all i did was heave a little in the morning instead of spending the day now running to the toilet. Im not complaining though so happy to be preg but it can be hard. So count yourself lucky for now.
Hi Garfield and Happy Girl! I'm very glad to hear I'm not the only one then. One boob was a little bit tender last night - hooray!! Happy Girl, we can moan together when it all kicks off in week 6 and 7 (keep me posted). I'm going on holiday in week 7, so how much fun is that going to be, between not being able to drink and possibly running to the loo all the time?! On the flip side, I'm really looking forward to taking some time off work to chill out and to let it all sink in (still doesn't seem real!)
HappyGirl Posts: 113
[color=indigo:qovmwqiu]Yeah, we can keep each other up to date on how we're progressing! :) So nice that you've a holiday to look forward to. I'm with you on it not feeling real yet... probably won't til my first scan :) HG [/color:qovmwqiu]
Lisa_B Posts: 56
No worries - have had no symptoms whatsoever ust a bit more tired- apart from a BFP - thought I was 7 weeks gone - had a scan yesterday - and am 11 weeks - and there is a gorgeous baby moving around looking all well and healthy in there - you may be just one of the lucky ones lke me!!
[quote:2xhkvs2k]No worries - have had no symptoms whatsoever ust a bit more tired- apart from a BFP - thought I was 7 weeks gone - had a scan yesterday - and am 11 weeks - and there is a gorgeous baby moving around looking all well and healthy in there - you may be just one of the lucky ones lke me!![/quote:2xhkvs2k] Aw thanks Lisa! I hope that will be the case for both me and Happy Girl. Congratulations on your scan result. You must be delighted! I can't wait for mine!