Nobel Laureate Baroness Thatcher Has Died

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Weird Cat Lady Posts: 3501
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22067155 Our favourite erstwhile fascist has shuffled off to that great furnance in the sky.
Rogue User Posts: 6101
I thought this was about my Granny.
I feel a tumbleweed coming on. These are the danger indicators of gaping age disparities. Enthusiastically told a colleague about Mary by The 4 of Us featuring in Moone Boy the other day and she looked at me more bewildered than usual. She hadn't heard of Imelda May either in fairness.
Stewart Lee hates her - that means I probably hate her too.
http://www.isthatcherdeadyet.co.uk/ Just found this too. Tee hee.
But he believes in political correctness. Conflicted?
[quote="TisOnlyMeself":2eb81a76]But he believes in political correctness. Conflicted?[/quote:2eb81a76] Er... no.
geeklover Posts: 831
You'd swear it was Christmas here some of the lads are so excited with the news!
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
I wasn't her biggest fan but I do have pity for her in her later years as she suffered from dementia etc which would have been very difficult and frightening for her and hope that she is at peace from that suffering.....
lulu126 Posts: 1095
I think she was a great politician. You may not have agreed with her policies but she was a trailblazer for women in politics and personally I think she did many great things both for Britain and internationally although like any leader, there are always negative points too. Any recessionary government/leader will always be remembered negatively and Thatcher's no exception. A fascist she certainly wasn't- zealous free market economics does not a fascist make. The title of this thread suggests celebrating her death which is distasteful in the extreme.