Non Alcoholic Wine/Drink on Guests Tables?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hairdye Posts: 1129
Hi! Just wondering if anyone is putting a bottle of non alcoholic wine/drink/squash on the guests tables eg like Schloer or Ame etc? H2B mentioned it today, I hadnt even thought of it before. Cant remember if I have seen it at other weddings as usually Im on the wine :hic Might be a nice touch, what do you think?
Peety Posts: 1588
I've never seen this done before and won't be doing it at mine but it may be a nice touch alright.
gettingmarried12 Posts: 301
We are doing sparkling and still water .
cindarellawoman Posts: 390
definately not bringing more expense on ourselves serving that too. Just wine. They'll be serving 'tap water' if theres anyone not drinking the vino!
Gembira Posts: 847
It is a lovely idea but we're not doing it. We've asked the hotel to put a couple of jugs of water and squash on each table. I know when my cousin got married the hotel said she would have to pay corkage on the schloer! :ooh They don't drink though and weren't putting any wine on any of the tables though so I don't know if the hotel said that to them because they were making nothing on them drink wise! They wanted to close the bar down too but were told they'd have to pay £1000 to do it so decided against it in the end! I don't know what they'll make of my wedding, the drink will be flowing all day!! Maybe just double check with your venue. xxx
excitednerjabride Posts: 869
lovely idea but again we're not doing it...be nice touch but expensive me thinks
PrettyWoman Posts: 1233
Not doing it either. Really don't see the point unless you know most guests are teetotal. Mine like a drink so we will have wine. There are a couple who don't drink maybe 2 or 3 and then maybe some who choose not to drink on the day. We will have jugs of water available. I would think most of the non alcoholic drinks would go to waste unless you have some for the kids table. You will never please everyone. Personally I will aim to please the majority and I think the majority of my guests will enjoy the wine
MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
think we will put 1 bottle of schloer on each table. We dont get charged corkage for it. Tesco had 2 bottles for €2 there so i got a few
hairdye Posts: 1129
[quote="bride2be1":216lzwtv] Tesco had 2 bottles for €2 there so i got a few[/quote:216lzwtv] Oh wow, bargain! I must stock up so. H2B really wants this, thinks it will be nice for the non drinkers, I guess I have to let him have his way on some issues :o0 :o0
I Dream in Disney Posts: 1592
Most hotels would do jugs of tap water/squash, but I do like the idea of even one or two bottles of shloer per table. It doesn't cost the earth and I'm sure it will be appreciated by those who don't drink.