Non-alcoholic wine

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Spice Bride Posts: 558
Anyone know where I can pick up non-alcoholic wine? Dublin area. Can anyone recommend a bottle. Would love a glass of white, esp on these balmy summer evenings...
gniddew Posts: 276
tesco do an ok non alocoholic rose. cann't remember the name of it. wouldn't be to everyone's taste but beggars cann't be choosers!!
oirish Posts: 1541
I think lidls do non alchoholic wines - and lambrusco is vv low in alchohol have you tried any of the schloer drinks? there is a lovely elderflower and white grape one in superquinn drink it all the time it's lovely refreshing drink even when not pg :)
grumpy Posts: 1280
Here's a link to that question in Food and Drink
mummy bear Posts: 3824
thanks for that grumpy
missbubbly Posts: 43
Research shows it is ok to have the occasional drink, max 3 units at any one time, stick to something like a glass of red wine or a beer. It' drinking in excess that causes problems such as IUGR. Maybe 1-2 drinks per week max
pattie Posts: 2379
I tried a fairly expensive non-alcoholic red, about €12, thinking "at this price it has to be okay", it was so bad it made me retch. DH found it the same. Maybe a white might taste better, but I was totally put off! Non-alcoholic Holsten lager is nice though.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
This is great I can stock up on wine and beer! just kidding
sparkle Posts: 61
Try Ame. They have it in Tesco and it's only about 4 euro I think. They have it in red (raspberry and blackcurrant), white (apricot and grape) and rose (strawberry and something). It's just a lightly carbonated drink and I have it in a wine glass. Love the stuff!
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I discovered my local O' Brien's do one red and one white wine called "Ariel" that has "less than one half of one percent alcohol". Have just tried the white so far and it's really not bad if properly chilled.