NORIDAY - mini pill

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Walking Bump Posts: 2095
Just following on from that last post about changing pills. Some posters said that they had a lot of break through bleeding. I had this too but when I went back to my doctor. Basically when you weigh more than 65kg (which I think is roughly 10 stone) you have to take two tablets a day i.e. 56 tablets a month instead of 28. It ensures that it makes its way through your system properly and because the pill is progesteron only and so is fooling your body into thinking that it's pregnant it's important that you get the right proportions of the drug. Once I started doing that I was fine and it actually improved my libido! HTH :wv
shellrex Posts: 571
Just read this now and can't believe it!! How could that be correct!! I'm on Noriday myself. Personally think it's a disaster. My cycles alternate from 12 days to 30 days. Sometimes I wonder why I bother?! I was on regular pill but got pregnancy mask as too much oestrogen in it so Dr put me on Noriday. Never heard the like of taking 2 tablets though!! Mad :eek Anyone else? :wv
Mrs.July0408 Posts: 1842
[color=purple:13eavaq7]I know you can technically get pregnant on any pill if not taken properly etc, but a girl I know got pregnant on this pill & was told by the doctor that she should never have been on it in the first place as it wasn't strong enough for her. [/color:13eavaq7]
mrs bmw Posts: 6447
hum I like the sounds of having a libido back - where do I sign up. I was on Mercilon for 10 years and I moved onto yasminelle 6 mths ago and it's useless. Nearly had to force myself to have sex on my honeymoon. I F***king hate hormonal contraception O:| O:| O:|