Normal to feel so tired?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

marriedinmay Posts: 578
Hello, I feel so so so tired, is this normal? :weep In the last week I just feel like I haven't slept for a year, I am waking up alot to go to the loo but overall am getting quite alot of sleep. I have another 3 weeks at work but wonder how I will make it through. :innocent:
volvic35 Posts: 1118
Im with you on this one, Im wrecked the lastweek, so much so that my eyes are burning and running water all the time like Im crying :weep :weep :yelrotflmaosmilie: Im up every night going the loo, and when it comes to the alarm going off in the morning to get up for work I mean I have to drag myself up. Said it to my mam,she said at the next hospital appt to ask them to check my iron levels as its this stage the baby takes alot of that, had it tested at 10weeks and it was 12.24 I think
PrincessLea Posts: 436
Join the club my dear! I'm completely wrecked all the time! Have 4 weeks left in work, thank god that almost all of them are short weeks, but still, am not sure I'm going to make it! It's not so strange you're tired really, sure the babys growing a lot these last few weeks, the midwife told me I can expect to put on at least a pound a week from now until the birth!!! Might be worth checking and make sure you're not anemic as well tho... Although, to get the hospital to do it might take more engergy than it's worth, maybe try taking some iron supplements for a day or two and see if you feel any different. HTH :wv
It's really knocking me for 6, I am usally quite tough and have alot of stamina, can cope without sleep etc but even sleep isn't helping me at the moment :weep Oh well we are all in the same boat, better just suck it up I suppose! >:o)
tilsun Posts: 4506
Do get them to check your iron. But mine is completely normal and I am shattered. I',m actually sleeping for about 9 hours a night with only a few interruptions so it's not that either. I think it is nature telling us to slow down :wv
flippersmrs Posts: 660
i think its normal hun. im the same. i think the lack of good quality sleep doesnt help at all. like you im up several times during the night and cant get comfy. i was sooo tired two weeks ago i was like a zombie and when i went to gp he checked urine and turned out id a bad kidney infection and didnt realise it. that was why i was ven more tired than usual. since i took a week off to rest and antibiotics i feel a lot better, still tired but not like i was a few weeks ago. maybe get your gp to check for a kidney infection too.
justwed09 Posts: 2349
i was nearly crying this morning i was sooooo tired. didnt sleep at all last night but thank god i was off today. babs was kicking me vry strongly from 11 last night til about 3 this morning then i woke up with it kicking me about 6 or 7. im really tired as well but think its normal at this stage. we just have to try and take it easier.
Millie- Posts: 490
i'm the same, really exhausted and i have to have a sleep now during the day. Its frustrating when your used to having lots of energy and running around doing stuff to have to slow down. I was in holles street for an appointment and usually afterwards i would run into town and have a goo at mothercare or other baby shops but i simply couldn't muster the energy this time. had to go home and snooze - felt like a big baby myself....
It's tough isn't it as well to make matters worst how do you know if it is normal to feel like this :zzzz:
mrs hen Posts: 120
Hi Marriedinmay! I had to reply to this! Like you I'm 33 weeks pregnant and from about 28 weeks I started feeling very tired and I just took it as part of pregnancy and didn't want to complain. I used to wake up in the mornings absolutely wrecked. Then at 30 weeks I got a constant headache for about 24 hours. I still didn't complain and mentioned it to my sister in law that I had a headache and she recommended that I take Spatone. It doesn't contain a very high level of Iron in comparison to other iron supplements but I started taking 2 sachets a day (two sachets in a glass of orange juice every morning 1 hour before breakfast) for the last two weeks and I have to say I've never felt as good. It's very easy on your stomach and no side effects i.e. constipation! I started feeling the effects almost immediately. I got my iron levels checked on Friday at 32 weeks and they are perfect - 13.2!! I was delighted but then the midwide said that there was no need for the supplements but I explained I had been taking them for 2 weeks now and that I've never felt as good and that had to have some impact on my iron levels! I had my mind made up to continue taking the supplement (I know my body!!) when I got a call back from the midwife to say she spoke to the consultant and said he had no problem with me continuing to take the spatone as he knew how good I was feeling since I started taking them! It's a natural product suitable for pregnancy and I'm so glad I decided to take it based on my own instincts!! I feel brilliant! I can't believe the difference. I hope I continue to feel this way! I hope this helps marriedinmay!