North-baby practicals??Where's best?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

b2bdec08 Posts: 470
Heya Just wondering where people would recommend for buying baby practicals in the North like nappies etc After the budget yesterday have to save money where I can Thanks in advance :wv
candypants Posts: 8575
Well my friend (who will only buy the best of things) is using sainsburys own brand nappies for her new born and swears by them. If i remember correct, she said there €4 a pack!!
b2bdec08 Posts: 470
Oohh thanks!!! Excuse my ignorance but where would be the best place so to hit sainsburys and other baby places -Im such a southern girl I havent a clue :wv
Daff Posts: 11644
I'm heading up there Tuesday, would love to know too - not that I've any money to spend up there! :o(
mrs007 Posts: 23
Hi there, if you're heading up North before christmas keep clear of Newry. Its like a cattle mart up there at the mo. If you can, head up to Lisburn, the Sprucefield Shopping Centre. Its a much bigger Sainsburys, they have baby clothes, vests and bits and pieces. Theres a Toys r Us with a Babies r Us section in the same shopping centre. The Angelcare Monitor was €110 down south last I looked, I was up in lisburn babies r us there recently and the same monitor is £69stg. There's a big Marks and Spencers across the way that has a maternity section for clothes!! Much better selection for the extra drive. Oh and its definitely a lot more civilised!!
[quote="mrs007":2jxnaxs0]Hi there, if you're heading up North before christmas keep clear of Newry. Its like a cattle mart up there at the mo. If you can, head up to Lisburn, the Sprucefield Shopping Centre. Its a much bigger Sainsburys, they have baby clothes, vests and bits and pieces. Theres a Toys r Us with a Babies r Us section in the same shopping centre. The Angelcare Monitor was €110 down south last I looked, I was up in lisburn babies r us there recently and the same monitor is £69stg. There's a big Marks and Spencers across the way that has a maternity section for clothes!! Much better selection for the extra drive. Oh and its definitely a lot more civilised!![/quote:2jxnaxs0] Thanks Mrs 007 - we were planning on Lisburn, but didn't know it at all, we'll definatley head there. We've taken Tuesday off work to go as I need to loo so often couldn't risk traffic jams!
suitcase of hopes and dreams Posts: 2932
hoping to head up next week too, just wondering where you turn off for lisburn coming from Dublin? :thnk
Little Miss Hopeful Posts: 1193
I'm planning a trip up after christmas for all the bare essentials, nappies, maternity pads, sudocreme etc. plan to buy in bulk - its such a pity things are so expensive in the south that we have to make such a journey.
[quote="Little Miss Hopeful ":d2759fpn]I'm planning a trip up after christmas for all the bare essentials, nappies, maternity pads, sudocreme etc. plan to buy in bulk - its such a pity things are so expensive in the south that we have to make such a journey.[/quote:d2759fpn] I'd double check when their VAT is going back up, think it's the end of this month, so you might want to get up there before New Year.
Little Miss Hopeful Posts: 1193
yeah as far as i know its January, but will check anyways thanks