North or south for baby stuff?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dion Posts: 986
Ladies have any of you gone to the north for babythings, like pram or other little bits, im thinking of going up next week but not to sure if the value would be the same in the South.
Sydney Bristow Posts: 185
You can check out the differences in the items you are interested in on the mothercare, smyths or babiesrus websites and do a comparision with similar shops down here. I think it depends on the item whether there is a saving or not.
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
My parents live not too far south of the border so wehn we were buying big things I started pricing them up north. I ended up getting the pram cheaper in south. Didn't find going up north any cheaper. nappies and formula are currently dearer in Northern Ireland than Tesoc in Rep of Ire. We were in England last weekend and the one thing I definitely noticed was their sales was alot better. In Mothercare they had buy one sale item get one free. I got a bag load of stuff for less than £20. But their sale was just ending.
Bunnybaby Posts: 2701
my brother lives up north and we went up to visit on thursday last, asda had a sale on and alls i can say is wow...i thought it was really good, nappies far cheaper, tommytippee steriliser £11.50, heres a few things that were on offer http://direct.asda.com/Breastfeeding-St ... rtd1=1&fix http://direct.asda.com/Change-Time/6010 ... =1&viewAll
dion Posts: 986
thanks a lot girls, i also looked on baby r us website in the north, there is some nice stuff her to. i might just stick to the south for the pram & the north for the nappies etc.
Diamondz Posts: 2208
[quote="Winter B2B":28pranaz]nappies and formula are currently dearer in Northern Ireland than Tesoc in Rep of Ire. [/quote:28pranaz] This is definitely not the case as I priced them at the weekend. I always shop around and buy nappies etc in the north. Asda are cheaper than tesco for nappies and they have a baby event on at the moment so lots reduced. I would shop around for your pram too as mine was way cheaper up north, although that was nearly 2 years ago now.... Also look at kiddicare.com for your big things, I hear loads of mum's on here have used them and they only charge £20 delivery regardless of how much you buy...
mrspiggy Posts: 1289
Best thing is to do the research and see if it is worth a trip for the savings. We were looking at one particular buggy and there was a better deal in the south so wouldn't have made it worthwhile to use half a tank of diesel iykwim.
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
[quote="Diamondz":1g62rb4z][quote="Winter B2B":1g62rb4z]nappies and formula are currently dearer in Northern Ireland than Tesoc in Rep of Ire. [/quote:1g62rb4z] This is definitely not the case as I priced them at the weekend. I always shop around and buy nappies etc in the north. Asda are cheaper than tesco for nappies and they have a baby event on at the moment so lots reduced....[/quote:1g62rb4z] 2 jumbo boxes of pampers babydry Tesco in South €22 Asda is £20(€24.40) [Both on offer] Aptamil carton Tesco South - €10.49 Asda £8.97 (€10.94) Aptamil ready made cartons - Tesco south €0.69 Asda £0.64 (€0.79)