Not sure what's going on

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hopeful13 Posts: 501
girls - i hope someone can offer advice here. in only my second cycle after coming off the pill I got my BFP on Wednesday ..... did another test (CB digital) yesterday morning to be sure. To say that we were shocked it had happened so fast is an understatement!! Anyway, were were at a family wedding yesterday and i started bleeding - it's been fairly steady since, like a normal period put without cramps, etc. I've been googling (I probably shouldn't) but what I've read has me believing everything from early loss of pregnancy to everything will be ok. I have an appointment to see my doctor on Tuesday (made before this started) to confirm the pregnancy ..... according to my dates I'm almost 5 weeks. Is there anything that I can do/should do ...... I'm in Dublin
jamseyjo Posts: 1132
Hi hopeful, im in slightly the same position but i am ttc No.2 and i really dont know whats going on. I timed ov to a 't' but got what i thought was af 10 days ago so kinda thought no more about it. Then on Wed i started spotting which ive never had in my life before so thought there was something not right. I did a cb hpt yesterday morning and it came up 'pregnant 1-2 weeks' but ive been fearful ever since. It was only light bleeding but last week it was like a proper af. Ive stopped spotting and am planning to do another test tomorrow morning. I rang the early pregnancy unit in the Rotunda yesterday and although she said she'd never tell me not to come in i got the impression there wasnt much they could do and i think im right. I suggested to her that i do another test tomorrow and she said that was a great idea. If i have mc'd then i'd expect my HCG level to have dropped but tomorrow and take it that i have mc'd. I dont really know what to tell you to do other than rest but you could go to a&e in the Rotunda and see what they can do, they could scan you for a sac afaik but then you'd have to wait another 2 weeks to scan for a heartbeat. HTH
Luka Posts: 1904
Hi Hopeful 13, How long have you been bleeding for? Implantation bleeding shouldn't last more than a few hours at most. I've been there myself, sometimes something just goes wrong, I think before 6 weeks it's called early pregnancy loss. If it's very early (before implantation) it's called a chemical pregnancy. I did bleed on DS at 5 weeks but it was over about 3 hours & then it stopped. SO I had implantation bleeding. That could be the case for you, but the bleeding would have to stop in a few hours. THe thing is chemical pregnancy is very common, without a test many women wouldn't even know they had been pregnant. I hope that it's implantation, but I had a few hurdles but got there in the end, good luck & let us know how you get on :thnk
A chemical pregnancy is before 6 weeks cos a positive HPT wouldnt have been achieved before implantation. Its only after implantation that the pregnancy hormone HCG starts being released. Implantation bleed would happen before you were due your af not 5 weeks since your last af.
Thanks ladies. From what I've read it doesn't sound like an implantation bleed, nearly 36 hours now. I think I'll follow your lead and take another test in the morning, if it is gone then hcg level should have dropped. Such a novice .... is there anything that they'll need to do if I have mc'd?
Dont think so Hopeful, i think they only perform a d&c if its over 7/8 weeks. When its so early i think they let nature take its course. Its a horrible feeling, isnt it? Its the not knowing that wrecks my head. i thought i was alright yesterday but feeling really anxious today and my imagination is running wild with me. Let me know how you get on in the morning, i'll be peeing on the stick too so fingers crossed for us both. :babydust:
Well I got a BFN this morning!
Same here jamseyjo :(
Ah we'll, onwards and upwards! Here's to next month.