Noticable hair loss

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lil lola Posts: 64
Hi there, My precious baby is now 15 weeks old and I've started to loose my hair. It's so bad at this stage that I have a noticeable receding hairline at the temples (even worse than my partners!). I'm looking for advice on a product I've discovered for hair loss, called Viviscal. Has anyone used it and found it affective. They recommend you use 3 months supply to see a change BUT for those who've seen a change at after 3 months is it not just you're own body regulating itself?? It's quite pricey and can't afford to squander this money. I would be very grateful for any feedback. My wedding is in November so desperate to get my head looking normal again ! Thanks
mumtobe Posts: 145
Hi lil lola I had the exact same problem after I had my ds, I got silica in the health food shop & took 1 every day.Thankfully it grew back but it took a few months. Hth , sorry dont know anything about Viviscal
Thanks for you're advice momtobe, it all helps, I think I saw silica recommended on this forum from a posting last year (could have been you). Had that in mind but if there was something that would work faster I'd go for it.
mrsodo Posts: 1292
Hi Lil Lola, I haven't had a baby but when I went off the pill my hair got really thin. My hairdresser was quick to notice it, but she recommended I go for indian head massage. After two sessions I noticed my hair starting to get thicker again, I went a third time and that was all I needed. It might be worth a try and its really nice! Good luck :wv
stranagaone Posts: 60
Hi, I had the same problem after my first baby. At first the doc said it was common and would fix itself. After several months I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid - apparently common after having a baby so bear this in mind. Have tried nourkin, jou jokn formula (danish) and a course of iron but nothing has worked. I know what you mean about wanting something which works quickly! Get a health check first before you go spending money. Thanks to the other woolies for the other tips, i had heard massage is good for stimulating the scalp, might try it. Is the silica easy to get in health shops??
Thanks for all the advice girls, really appreciate it. Have made appointment with my doctor. :wv [/img]
ledzepmad Posts: 45
pm'd you hon